Beware — "Hommade" sauce "does not represent its true nature"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/26/beware-hommade-sauce-does-not-represent-its-true-nature.html

4 Likes

In a similar vein, we should remember that Dean Martin was not actually a dean. (Colonel Tom Parker, on the other hand, really was a colonel.)

10 Likes

According to google translate “hommade” is Zulu for “hommade”.

10 Likes

3 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

Come on… low hanging fruit or what…

15 Likes

I sometimes wonder if companies that use “homemade” in their copy have someone who lives in their factory just so they can avoid getting sued. I don’t really think that would be a selling point to me.

7 Likes

And Dr. Dre is, in fact, a doctor.

(Just kidding.)

7 Likes

10 Likes

You say tomato, they say tamatar

5 Likes

*TAMARTAR IS A TRADEMARK, AND DOES NOT REPRESENT ITS TRUE NATURE.

…and some lower case text to get past the filter…

5 Likes

But 19th century Blackburn Rovers and England player Doctor Greenwood was not a doctor

and Australian goalkeeper Norman Conquest never visited Britain in 1066.

6 Likes

Dean wasn’t a martin neither. He had a very confusing name.

8 Likes

hommade
hom made
they made (Arabic translation of hom)

Seems legit.

3 Likes

Many years ago I went to a place called 60 Minute Photo to get prints. They said the prints would be ready in a couple hours. I said I thought they were supposed to be ready in 60 minutes and they said no, that is just the name of the business.

9 Likes

You find out after you eat some.

Or perhaps hours later on the toilet.

1 Like

Sounds like a certain Steven Wright joke.

7 Likes

Is it made out of these eldritch horrors?

2 Likes

Final-Hommade

2 Likes

I once saw a brand of oatmeal called 5 minute oats. The directions said “cook for 8 minutes”.

3 Likes

In the early 90’s the punk rock slum apartment building in Kansas City that we all used to party in was across the street from a diner with a neon sign that said “Ho’Made Chili” We spent many a drunken night wondering if the chili was made by real Ho’s

4 Likes