Beware of "bumping uncles" who deliberately ram into people at crowded stations in Japan

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/02/beware-of-bumping-uncles-who-deliberately-ram-into-people-at-crowded-stations-in-japan.html

4 Likes

Bumping Uncles sounds vaguely risqué.

7 Likes

Ngapa Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

Yes…

a few letters off from my favorite sexual euphemism- “Bumpin’ Uglies”

3 Likes

Of all the songs about doing the “Bump”, this is my fave:

(I had considered Joe Tex’s “I Ain’t Gonna Bump No More” but nixed it due to it’s sizeist slant)

4 Likes

Yeah, I hadn’t heard that one in literally a few decades until recently. I was organizing some of my MP3 files and ran across a backup I didn’t remember. (Turned out to have been a collection from a friend that I had never sorted.) I saw that track, though “Oh hey, yeah that one …” then got about halfway through before I stopped the play and simply deleted it. No thank you!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Sounds like a video game.

5 Likes

Sounds like the worst band name ever.

5 Likes

I was expecting that the random old man was a collector of other people’s wallets. But int this case seems that wasn’t a pickpocketer but a creep.

3 Likes

Rule 34 applies, but I’m afraid to look. If you look, don’t tell me.

Well, maybe something close to that does apply.

I don’t know what the particular man’s problem was that Mark wrote about, but “bumping uncles” seem to typically target women. In a patriarchal country where women carry knitting needles and such for protection from subway gropers, I find it easy to imagine that bumping uncles sometimes commit what amounts to sexual assault.

3 Likes

Joe Tex’s oeuvre hasn’t aged well…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.