Biden and Harris wear face masks, sound like adults at first joint campaign event

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/12/biden-and-harris-wear-face-mas.html

Biden: The choice we make this November will decide the future of America for a very long time.

13 Likes

Can we not assume they will win? I hope they will but…

13 Likes

The election is still over 2 months away. You can’t assume anything. The polls are also largely academic at this point, although we are closer to getting to the point where they are relevant.

Relevant analysis: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

Biden is doing better than Hillary at this point, but it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if he basically repeated his performance in 2016 and managed to eek out a win by dominating all of the states where the votes count for more. Never forget that George W. Bush managed to get re-elected despite a disastrous first term.

10 Likes

I prefer sites like this one that take the electoral college into account.

2 Likes

Uhh, 538 ABSOLUTELY takes the electoral college into account.

14 Likes

Build Back Better? – meh.

1 Like

I mean, the fivethirtyeight link shared leads directly to a more thorough breakdown of EC paths at the top of the page, so I’m not sure what was being assumed here. Where fivethirtyeight really excels is in the context. The last days of the 2016 campaign, they were still cautioning that trump could take it and demonstrating just how that might happen. After I’ve read all of the mindless opinions, fivethirtyeight is my last stop for credible info.

Plus, it feels good to know that bOing bOing alum Maggie Koerth is still there.

8 Likes

You do what makes you feel better- other people will do what helps them.

4 Likes

It’s going to be amazing, having normal adult human beings in charge again.

If it happens it will be nice. Let’s clear that low bar, America. U-S-A, U-S-A!

As long as the Dem campaign follows 538’s lead in this, it might actually not blow winning the popular vote this time around.

6 Likes

I agree, it’s not sexy, but I’m well open to more exciting slogans.

Do you have any in mind?

2 Likes

i like the black masks (they go with everything!), but i’m sort of surprised they haven’t gone all in with “Dem blue” masks.

2 Likes

Good to know. I couldn’t easily find that analysis in such a clear format. I love 538.

Please win for fucks sake :cry:

4 Likes

And I’m thinking “Hang on, it was only 152,000 when I last checked. Oh, right, a few days ago. Fuck!”

Welcome to Trump’s perpetual 9/11.

9 Likes

Looks like we have an early peek at what the right is cooking up to attack Harris. Get ready for Birtherism 2.0!

Because of COURSE no Person of Color can enjoy the benefit of the doubt about being eligible for the Presidency just because the Constitution clearly says that they are.

16 Likes

I only liked your post to agree with your point, of course – I don’t LIKE it.

8 Likes

She was born in California… a state which Trump does not count.

10 Likes

In Oakland… a city in which Trump will almost certainly never, ever set foot.

10 Likes

Follow-up: Eastman has a particular axe to grind against Harris (not mentioned in his Newsweek article) because Harris got the job he resigned his academic position to pursue.

Also Newsweek can burn in hell for giving Eastman a platform for this racist nonsense.

15 Likes

Thank goodness for that.

8 Likes