Biden and Harris wear face masks, sound like adults at first joint campaign event

But, oh my God, with those things on their faces, how will we be able to tell them apart?

1 Like

Looking forward to when Dr Eastman is crucified by the Lincoln Project.

1 Like

These racist A-holes really need to step up their consistency.

I mean, either sheā€™s an ā€œanchor babyā€ with US citizenship rights, or one of their key arguments against ā€œillegalsā€ (read as ā€œbrown folksā€) is just full of crap (ok, we already know it is, but for the sake of argumentā€¦)

Which is it?

Man, itā€™s too late, and Iā€™m too tired to deal with stupid crap like this.

3 Likes

Editorā€™s note: Some readers reacted strongly to this essay, seeing it as an attempt to ignite a racist conspiracy theory. That is entirely inaccurate, as this Note explains.

ā€œThis is not a bullshit racist conspiracy theory, because we say otherwise!ā€

8 Likes

ā€œYou canā€™t fix stupid. You can vote it out.ā€

Iā€™m probably not the best person to ask.

2 Likes

Biden=tie.

Right on schedule.

Fuck you forever, Newsweek.

7 Likes

I think that every time Trump appears in front of a camera that Kamala Harris should do a rebuttal - and take real questions from the press. Iā€™ll bet that pretty soon Trump would be addressing an empty room.

Their analysis shows a 27% chance of a Trump victory. That is way too close for comfort.

Still only 301 votes ā€œsafeā€ for Biden.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a higher percentage than the analyses showed for Trump on the eve of the election in 2016 - about 1 in 6, if memory serves.

EDIT : I checked the fivethirtyeight article - and itā€™s almost exactly the same percentage as on Election Eve, 2016. (Trump win that one. And heā€™s not going to go without a fight. This election, alas, is likely not to be decided by anything resembling democratic means. And itā€™s still important to vote! If nothing else, so that thereā€™s a clear indicator of which candidate is legitimate, even if the succession is decided by other means.)

2 Likes

the marysue of all places had a great write-up on the newsweek disaster. beyond pointing out - as newsweek didnā€™t - that eastman lost the race harris won, they point out that eastman has also written articles on why the zodiac killer ted cruz should be allowed to be president. so basically he has one standard for white immigrant families and another for non-whites

the author - jessica mason - also calls out newsweekā€™s editor note for what it is. im not giving newsweek the clicks for any of this

6 Likes

For me, anything more than a total, absolutely crushing defeat of Trump is an outright condemnation of the USA. With that said, I know that even if heā€™s defeated in November, Iā€™m going to walk away with the bitter memory the memory of our citizens happily heading down that evil, well trod path.

I live in a medium size city in South East Wisconsin (Kenosha, for those familiar with the area), and while we certainly have people proudly flying their Trump cult flags here, theyā€™re actually somewhat scattered and standard yard sign or flag sized, although I wasnā€™t struck by how relatively ā€œunderstatedā€ these were until yesterday when I had reason to venture only a little outside the civilized areas of my state.

Muskego, Wisconsin is town of about 25K people, not too far from Milwaukee. As I left the Interstate and ventured farther out into the wilderness, I immediately noticed the Trump signs becoming more and more common, but it was only once I saw the huge versions (banners of about 1 x 2 meters) appearing that I realized how low key those were, even when appearing in clusters of three or four houses in a row. However once I arrived within the actual borders of Muskego, I found that as horrifying as those were, they were nothing compared to the spectacle of not one, but two yard displays that I can only describe as shrines to Trump.

One was mostly the usual collection of overworked, badly lettered signs proclaiming a praise for capitalism in a manner usually reserved for spiritualism, mixed with the predictable pro-Trump signs. This was kind of sad and disgusting, but nothing terribly unusual, unfortunately. In the yard next door to that, however, was a full blown diorama completely with manikins dressed as Trump and Melania, surrounded by what I can only assume were offerings. At first glance I thought it satire of some sort, but when I passed by on my way out of town, I was able to get a better look (after steeling myself, of course) and determined that it was, in fact, sincere. I couldnā€™t get out of there and back to civilization fast enough.

Itā€™s bad enough that weā€™re going to be facing outright underhanded schemes and cheating, but weā€™re also facing people that believe this garbage and are so far gone. Iā€™m not exactly a huge fan of the Democrats, but Iā€™ll have to say that I canā€™t recall ever seeing anything like that praising a Democratic politician, although Iā€™ve certainly seen more than a few effigies.

That 27% chance of a Trump victory? Given how many people like these shrine builders exist, itā€™s never going to get lower than that. No matter the results of the legitimate portion of the election in November, weā€™re still going to have these people among us, and even if Trump is outed, and he has to be outed if weā€™re going to survive as a legitimate nation beyond November, theyā€™re going to be rotting us from within for a long, long time to come.

Vote like your lives depend on it, because they do.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.