Biden dominates Trump with 15 point lead in new poll

So I take it you’re expecting RBG to make it until February? Because if not, even if she loses the race on New Years’ Eve, there will be 6 Federalist Society justices on the court so 11 would be 6/5 at best.

3 Likes

Yes. That lady won’t give up before the job is done. She’s a badass.

Edit: Also - the new Senators terms start January 3rd. The Dem majority won’t let that happen.

13 Likes

In August 2016, Hillary Clinton also had a 15 point lead on Donald Trump. There is a systematic flaw in polling that still has not been resolved. Anti-establishment Republican voters aren’t answering polls. They don’t trust the “main stream media” and are now impossible to estimate.

8 Likes

I can seriously appreciate that. My best friend from childhood and high school ended up as a State-level appellate judge and not long after was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer. For the last year of his life he attended hearings by phone and did the paperwork – including writing opinions – from his sickbed. His last was from hospice, days before he died.

I might be mildly surprised for RBG to write her last dissent from her coffin. But only mildly.

12 Likes

Minor edit.

6 Likes

Looks like one of those really creepy, nightmare-inducing, 1930s Max Fleischer cartoon characters. Needs to include gloved, four-fingered hands… and tiny.

1 Like

October Surprise is on the menu.

7 Likes

Have done, will do…

5 Likes

I guess the main thing Biden has going for him is, he’s not Trump, and he’s probably “mostly harmless”.

I like to alternate between parties every Presidential (or Congressional) election.

1 Like

If that’s an “I voted for Trump in 2016” confession, it’s not going to make you popular.

25 Likes

Why? Do your values change every two years, or does it just happen that the candidates that best represent your values tend to alternate parties from one election to the next?

20 Likes

8 Likes

They haven’t had any of that this far and it’s gotten them everything.

2 Likes

Could be 11, could be 13, could be 15. Whatever. Remember, the McConnell rule is that we don’t fill vacancies in a presidential election year, so if the current senate GOP are not going to honor their rule we’re just gonna have a lotta justice.

4 Likes

Defunding the USPS to disrupt postal voting, forcing reopenings that restart the eviction process meaning millions of people left NFA in time for the elections… it’s all of a package.

11 Likes

I like to vote for the person I think will lose.

8 Likes

12 Likes

bob may be joking, but some people move around on the ballot because they’re not well-represented by any party. Or because they’re skeptical that a given politician who espouses their views will even pay lip service to that platform after the election.

Here’s an example: In the 2012 NC gubernatorial election, the Libertarian candidate managed to wedge himself into one of the televised debates. He forced the issue of LGBTQ rights in that debate. There was no moderator question, and neither the Dem nor GOP wanted to touch that topic with a 10 ft. poll. But the Libertarian made them both wring their hands about it on prime time TV. I really respected him for that. Of course he got like six votes, the Republican was elected, and we went on to have the notorious bathroom ban.

1 Like

That “rule” only applies when the president is a Democrat.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/28/politics/mitch-mcconnell-supreme-court-2020/index.html

11 Likes

That’s been revised to: we don’t fill vacancies in a presidential election year, with an outgoing lame duck president, whose name is Obama.

16 Likes