Biden finally nicknames Trump — ‘President Tweety’

Trump is all projection, any insult of his is openly telegraphing the worst fears about himself. If you want to get under his skin then go with “The Failing Low Polling President Loser”. Or just avoid sinking to his level entirely.

12 Likes

Well whaddaya know? The math checks out.

7 Likes

Team Biden should have given me a call, I have a long list of nicknames for 45*. Decorum prevents me from sharing them here.

Also, why did the marketing team decide to highlight Trump’s strength with this “zinger”? He is - objectively -good at using Twitter. He’s an asshole, but it’s an asshole’s game. Calling Trump president tweeter on twitter just reminds us that Joe Biden is slow, old-school and out of touch, and Trump moves fast and breaks things. I mean, I fucking hate Trump, and fucking hate Twitter, but my lizard brain chooses Trump in this particular round.

Ugh the only silver lining I’m seeing is that if Trump is beaten by Biden of all people, it will be particularly humiliating, and crystal-clear that it was a referendum.

11 Likes

I absolutely think that calling by name has implications. Even if I think that in the Disneyverse he’s more a John Rockerduck type.

1 Like

honestly I’m already exhausted with Biden, cannot even begin to process what every speech and press interview is going to be like, but I’m hoping after the first year whomever is VP will just take over at that point

how the hell did we have so many great choices and end up with him? oh yeah people just wanted an obama remnant, good luck with that but still watch how fast I vote for him

5 Likes

I stand bettered.

Oui, oui!

Exactly. Joe and Bernie should have swallowed their damn egos, and stepped aside to the elder statesman roles. The Ds had several excellent candidates, who, as usual got overshadowed by these two geezers. so the choice came down to Angry Grandpa and Doddering Slightly Creepy Grandpa.
And in the end,we still have two old white men slap-fighting one another for the presidency.

1 Like

I fear he has left a permanent mark on the office itself. “Pwesident Twump” gives way to “Pwesident Biden”. And so on…

jE2v0Sl

6 Likes

Oh cool, now I feel OK about November. Thanks, Joe!

[infinite facepalm]

1 Like

I am hoping for “the orange bozo”. And I will disagree with many people here - the Democrats have to stop being “nice” or “polite” as if this election will be conducted on NPR. What might be called the unwashed massed elected Trump, and I think Biden has to play to them also.

TWR

For me, the endless name-calling of Trump has always felt like childish in the face of the severity of the situation and the sheer doggedness of his administration to steer the U.S. into a ditch that’ll take decades to get us out of. “Orange Shitgibbon”, “Der Groppen Fuhrer”, “Trumpolini” and so forth sound like text I’d see on pictures on FunnyJunk circa 2004, or hear on flash animations by JibJab or MadLabs. They sound like trite insults from another era where, for many people, politics was just a thing that happened that they didn’t have to be regularly engaged or informed on, and provided some laughs on late night talk shows.

I’m not saying that opposition to Trump has to be civil or take the high road, though. The high road isn’t gonna get the results that are needed. I want to see Dem politicians calling Trump and his acolytes in the GOP grifters, liars, hypocrites, con artists, murderers, thieves and bigots. Don’t call McConnell “Moscow Mitch”; point out that he’s an opportunist that places his power-tripping ego over the health and welfare of his constituents and his fellow Americans, and that history will not treat him or his legacy kindly.

The Dems need to do away with the theatre of civility and decorum that they think will win them elections and votes. They need to stop wasting time thinking up clever names and just call GOP politicians what they are, right to their faces.

1 Like

Dunno 'about that. President Tweety is spot on.

1 Like

There are multiple generations alive that vote (in large numbers) that associate Tweety with the hero of a cartoon cat and bird skit.

The positive association with the word will resonate strongly with that crowd (who largely don’t use twitter at all and have little to no care about what is said on it).

I guarantee, no one thinks that calling him that is complementary.

Calling him Fat Donald would probably sting a bit…

But the message people, the message: Why is Impeached President Donald Trump holding onto the money already approved for small businesses? Sounds like a great debate question.

3 Likes

Weak, Joe.

Still disappointed “epic douche canoe” never caught on.

How about “President Pillsbury?”

1 Like