Insults, nicknames, and the assholes that use them

I am splitting off this solely because the young people in Florida deserve all the focus, and I think there is a lively discussion to be had about this topic itself

1 Like

Trump rather weakly tried to name him ā€œRon DeSanctimoniousā€, a nickname that unsurprisingly failed to take off.

Given his obsession with other peopleā€™s genitals and his demands to pry into private records of every kind, I think we should just call him ā€œPeeping Ronā€.

37 Likes

Thatā€™s because ā€œsanctimoniousā€ is one of those fancy polysyllabic words few MAGA people actually know the meaning of, least of all Trump.

28 Likes

But Ron DeSatan is just sitting right there

TFG is not good at anything. At least G.W. had a locker room bullyā€™s knack for nicknaming

7 Likes

Um, what I remember is that TFG is good at coming up with bullying nicknames that stick. Low-energy Jeb, Sleepy Ben Carson, Crooked Hillary, etc.

9 Likes

Heā€™s good at getting people to chant and cheer for whatever dangerous nonsense comes out of his mouth. Thatā€™s what continues to cause major problems, as well as making the hair stand up on the back of my neckā€¦

homer simpson episode 13 GIF

13 Likes

I hope that when 2024 comes around, most Republican voters will be tired of the Truculent Bully brand.

10 Likes

They stick among his followers, but none of those are good. Itā€™s all adjective name.

None of them have the poetry of ā€œturd blossomā€.

And Shrub did it for everyone

ETA: What I mean by sticking with just his followers is that I would never use any of the names trump came up with, but calling Rove turd blossom? Adopted immediately

ETA: the TFG list: So flat and boring and stupid. Sad! Of course the goals are different. TFG is a demagogue trying to coming up with things to get his followers riled up, hating, and chanting, while G.W. was more interested in directly bullying and humiliating the person who in cases he was directly speaking to while using the nickname

Regardless, only barely on topic.

The topic is that the kids themselves are alright, but we have to support and help them because they are in a bad, bad situation!

6 Likes

Oh I see, you meant ā€œgoodā€ as in clever, not in as in ā€œmanages to stick.ā€

Seth Meyers Wink GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It is true that his ā€œRon DeSanctimoniousā€ isnā€™t at all clever or poetic. And itā€™s not going to stick. Maybe Tromp is losing whatever skill he had in this game.

8 Likes

Ghosts Makes Sense GIF by CBS

11 Likes

Probably right. Also, I donā€™t think he ever fully lost the petty, snarky prep school bully inside him.

10 Likes

He never had to. Itā€™s amazing to me that you can still have peaked in High School when you were the President of the United States

10 Likes

Well, having the Supremes steal an election for you certainly helped.

8 Likes

So, Ron Florida it is.

10 Likes

Sounds like something Donald Treason would say

11 Likes

Any relation to Perjury Traitor Greene?

Yes, Iā€™m aware I just used a nickname.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s okay, we know you keep a lot of those handy in your techno cooler. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Oh, when I made the title in my mind I was including all of us! But weā€™re are the good kind! We punch way up! Far above our weight class!

6 Likes

(actually, letā€™s not)

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.