Stephen Colbert challenges you to rename disgraced former President Trump

Originally published at: Stephen Colbert challenges you to rename disgraced former President Trump | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Inmate 144967

20 Likes

Dolt45 and Hair Furor are my favorites, but I didn’t come up with either. I think of him as The Narcissist In Chief.

3 Likes

Well, thought of him as. Now, blessedly, I think of him very little.

2 Likes

Call him TIT. It reflects the fact that he’s a boob as well as standing for Twice-Impeached Trump.

Hopefully soon law enforcement from New York will grab the TIT rather than the :cat2:

2 Likes

It is astonishing how much simply removing his twitter access has dropped him out of the news cycle.

If only they’d done it 6 years ago…

13 Likes

Part of me wants to compound his shame in any way possible… If I even vaguely suspected he had anything resembling a sense of shame or responsibility. Or the ability to digest anything longer than 30 seconds or 280 characters.

Another part of me wants to see him quietly erased from the collective unconscious. Like school shooters or terrorists. Don’t say his name anymore. Don’t make him the focus of the horrors he caused. Don’t mention him, period. Let him fade into irrelevance, so he can’t do any more damage than he already has.

But I suppose it’s too late for that. He’s going to be basking the spotlight until the day he dies. May it give him melanoma.

6 Likes

Just “Loser”.

4 Likes

I spent the past five years calling him either “Biff” (after Biff Tannen) or “Il Douche” (now that he’s out of the White House I’ve switched from that to Biden’s “the former guy”). I don’t use his name out of fear but rather to deny that deranged narcissist the pleasure he receives from hearing it repeated again and again.

6 Likes

“Covid Caligula” is a favorite of mine, but I think I picked it up here on BB.

4 Likes

Nah, I’m good with not using his name ever again. Say their names instead.

3 Likes

Caligula was a more competent leader. Covid Commodus would work though.

I still think of the failed president as a modern Maximinus Thrax.

6 Likes

I haven’t said 45’s name out loud or in my own head since he was installed. The classic Short Fingered Vulgarian is still a favorite, but the interwebs have come up with some other good alternatives. Mango/Cheeto Mussolini, Hair Twitler, Malfeasance in Chief, Donnie Two Scoops, Individual One, Orange Shit-gibbon…oh, so many to choose from!

9 Likes

I have a friend who is partial to calling people “walnut” or “pineapple” as an insult.

Dingle-berry is a classic too.

2 Likes

I’ve stuck with “Cheetolini” since 2016. “Cheeto Mussolini” has both the rhyme (cheeto/Benito) AND the orange reference AND the politics right, but it’s just too long. Cheetolini just felt right.

But I’m w/ colbert. I’ll only be happy when I can refer to him as either “the defendant”, “Prisoner #5882300”, or, eventually “the deceased federal inmate”

3 Likes

I’ve appreciated “Biff” especially as the screenwriter has said that former guy was the model for Biff’s character, especially in as the character in BTTF2 (although the actor disagrees).

The physical resemblance between Biff (from BTTF2, made in 1989) is pretty on target, not the mention the character’s behavior.

10 Likes

“Demented orange fascist” works for me.

4 Likes

Bob Gale wrote the words on the page and if he thought of Donald Trump, it would be a miracle to me since Trump wasn’t a cultural figure when the movie was being written.

When the movie was being written, The Art of the Deal was a NYT best-seller.

5 Likes

He was also regularly lampooned in Spy magazine at the time.

5 Likes

And could be found being annoying on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Plus, every one of of his bankruptcies were national news. Then there were his first two marriages that were all over the tabloids all the time…

5 Likes