Cringeworthy clip shows Trump hilariously forgetting everyone's names

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/19/cringeworthy-clip-shows-trump-hilariously-forgetting-everyones-names.html

5 Likes

Contributed by Elsworth Toohey

8 Likes

Cringeworthy, yes.

Hilarious? No. This monster is a stone’s throw from being dictator for life. We shouldn’t trivialize anything he does.

26 Likes

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

14 Likes

Trump does this all the time, and most of the media shrugs. Biden takes an extra pause before saying a word, and the New York Times runs an article about his severe cognitive decline.

25 Likes

The bit where Trump keeps repeating something (e.g. “Nikki Haley”) is interesting, because clearly some part of his brain is telling him it’s the wrong name, but he also clearly doesn’t know what the right name is (combined with not wanting to admit that), so we get this weird repetition instead. Gods, the amount of cognitive decline on display…

8 Likes

Huh. He spent a ridiculous amount of time on Fox News and other sketchy right-wing media sites when he was in the White House, I assume he’s still spending endless hours watching, and he couldn’t even learn the names of all of his “enemies.” Did he at least learn who Pearl Harbor is? Is he taking all of the smart drugs the right-wing sites are claiming Joe Biden is? Because the copious amounts of adderall sure aren’t cutting it. facepalm

3 Likes

Eww, I see what you did there.

4 Likes

“Paging the vomit emoji, vomit emoji on line 1, please!”

4 Likes

Even money that he is President again. But this is one of those bets where I would lose with the biggest smile on my face.

3 Likes

He does this all the time, and because he often goes off on weird tangents when he’s reading, I think it obscures how often it happens because he becomes mentally confused and/or realizes what he’s saying is wrong (but doesn’t know how to get back on track).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.