The best of Stephen Colbert's #HeWhoShallBeNamed

Originally published at: The best of Stephen Colbert's #HeWhoShallBeNamed | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Since 2015 I’ve made a deliberate effort not to use his name here. It’s not an expression of fear or denial (a la Voldemort) but rather doing my part to deny this childish narcissist his favourite thing. It’s also why I enjoy seeing his name removed from the sides of buildings and various properties and why I hope that the government doesn’t name so much as a toxic waste dump after him.

15 Likes

“Angry Creamsicle”
“Decomposing Jack-o-Lantern”
“Human-Toupée Hybrid”

5 Likes

“Fuckface von Clownstick” (Stewart)
“Short-Fingered Vulgarian” (Spy Magazine)
“Biff Tannen/Biff” (Zemeckis)
“The Former Guy” (Biden)
“The Caudillo of Mar-a-Lago” (Charlie Pierce)

Plenty of amusing alternatives to giving this attention-seeking sludgepile what he wants.

10 Likes

My favorite anagram of his name with middle initial included is “Lard don’t jump”.

9 Likes

there’s so many good ones i can’t remember them all. Mar-A-Lardo is among my favorites.

4 Likes

Without the middle initial he’s Lord Dampnut.

5 Likes

■■■■■

I agree, although The Donny Trump Nuclear Waste Dump might be appropriate.

1 Like

Nope. A nuclear waste dump serves a useful purpose. Naming it after an irresponsible science denier sends the wrong message to those who work there.

4 Likes

True enough. Although it also sends a message to future wanna-be autocrats just how their failed contributions to society will be commemorated. :wink:

2 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CudW24OUi10

7 Likes

The first time I saw that one, Colin Mochrie tweeted it, asking whether anyone else had noticed the anagram :grinning:

merkin von bankrupt, coined by tumblr user jumpingjacktrash (link to their original, hilarious post), is still my all-time favorite. Here’s a link to my reblog thereof, what includes great comments with further brilliant ideas, including “…Stuart Semple’s Pinkest Pink pigment that’s released in clouds all over the block on a day fresh after the rain…”

Tammy Duckworth coined ‘cadet bone spurs.’
Busta Rhymes publicly criticized it and dubbed it agent orange.
I sometimes refer to it as captain covid, or tantrump.

Other good 'uns I’d collected are: mango mussolini; cheeto benito; a friend in London calls it ‘mr trouser cough,’ b/c its name is archaic UK slang for fart; trumpelthinskin; individual <1; the hate pumpkin; twitler; superbug.

This photo from a Scottish anti-merkin von bankrupt march is magnificent.
radgeorangebampot
‘radge orange bampot’ is High Quality Content.

I also saw a long series of angry UK tweets directed at captain covid, each calling it a different name/featuring a novel insult. ‘orange fucktrumpet’ stuck in my memory for some reason, and one of the best insults involved simply calling it ‘you spoon.’

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.