Biden picks Kamala Harris as his VP

Business as fucking usual, then…

*sighs

53 Likes

Leftist Facebook is already freaking out. But really, what more do you expect from Biden?

14 Likes
33 Likes

There are a lot of (understandably) sad faces in these parts that Biden didn’t pick somebody more progressive, but she’s smart and talented, wins elections, won’t cost Dems a Senate seat, and is–just by the way–the first South-Asian-American and the first African-American woman nominated to the vice presidency of the U.S.

I disagree with her (and Joe) on policing and probably a bunch of other things, but that’s for after the election.

63 Likes

Biden 2020: Back to Business As Usual. Screw Off, Progressives. What ya gonna do, vote for Trump?

31 Likes

As noted in the earlier topic: Meh.

18 Likes

The thoughtful Leftist protest vote will be a write-in for the shoe that guy threw at Dubya.

13 Likes

I’m happy to see a Black woman get so far in our racist, misogynist system, at least. I’m not happy it’s her, but didn’t expect Joe to do anything surprising and leftist. This won’t be the first time I’ve voted for a couple people I wasn’t excited about and I’m guessing it won’t be the last, sadly.

34 Likes

She went to the same high school I did. But a few years later, I’ve never met her. Actually just barely, she came here when she was 12.

Fear not, she was born in California, came to Montreal when her mother the doctor got a job here.

I know a few years ago he got some local press because of that high school angle, I expect more people will come out of tge woodwork to talk about their days in school with her.

Don’t forget, Shirley Chisholm tried for the presidential nomination. Black and a woman, a big thing in 1972.
And Angela Davis was up for vice-president for tye US communist party in the eighties.

7 Likes

Alright, fine. I was still holding out for Stacy Abrams or Karen Bass, but they’d make great Secretaries of… fucking anything.

Alright, crank her up her Attack Mode to 10 and let her go! I want to see some fucking fire for once!

35 Likes

Place your bets on Trump’s response now:

• Thinly veiled racist comment
  • Thinly veiled sexist comment
  • Veils are for harem chicks
  • Random batshit accusation, i.e. “As Attorney General, Kambala Harrison tried to outlaw God and sentenced Christians to life in prison for saying ‘Merry Christmas’”

0 voters

ETA: I mean his first response, obviously he’s gonna work through all those and more eventually.

49 Likes

You forgot “all of the above”.

31 Likes

I always thought she was going to end up as attorney general.

I think she’s a good candidate.

10 Likes

She isn’t. But she’s the candidate I’ve been expecting. She’ll do.

23 Likes

I keep hoping that Joe Biden will be a lot more progressive than we all expect him to be.

I don’t know why I do that.

15 Likes

And the “batshit crazy comment that is so batshit crazy we had to redefine batshit crazy”.

10 Likes

Let´s put it this way: Who do you want to see as president when the incumbant president isn´t able to execute his office anymore, one way or the other (lets face it, both Biden and OB are old as no other president before): Her or Pence?
She is (just like Biden) far from perfect, but I take her over the Lebensborn poster boy Pence any day.

22 Likes

Harris rose above the “You ain’t black” comment.

2nd one, apparently.

Trump is such a fucking putz and weakling.

33 Likes

Yeah, that’s what makes me a little sad for that possible future. It would be a damn shame if the first woman president was put there via succession. On the other hand, as long as Joe makes it to Inauguration Day, I’m good.

ETA: And RBG!

18 Likes