Biden picks Kamala Harris as his VP

I think I got this aperçu from the 538 podcast. Apparently Biden tracks the center of the Democratic party. As it moves left, so will he. And, you know, good!

8 Likes

One benefit of this (or most other possible choices) is that she can campaign on her own for the ticket effectively. And apparently does well virtually campaigning.

Trump can’t stand anyone else sharing the spotlight. His creep choice - even if it wasn’t Pence - is useless.

14 Likes

And please let her do ALL the talking while Joe stays quiet!

7 Likes

Yep, get a cop as your pick for VP. Gotta love Democratic strategy…

4 Likes

Does Biden’s fate rest with his vice president choice? If it does then he made a smart pick. And a good one for the FIRE (finance, insurance, and real estate) sector and other monopolies and the MI complex and pharma. If Biden wins then at least we won’t have a real estate swindler in the Oval Office.

1 Like

Biden Throws Away Every White Male Vote in the Midwest and the South

There, fixed the headline for you. Make no mistake, this country is full of idiot sexist pigs and racists and racist sexist pigs who vote. Stupidly.

2 Likes

Wow - those white dudes suck. I wouldn’t want to give someone like that power over me.

35 Likes

I suspect Hillary Clinton would debate this point with you. I’m still going to cling to my observation that a step forward in terms of representation is something good, even though we’re unlikely to see the reform and hard leftward turn I’m guessing we both agree is needed.

8 Likes

Yeah just no.

Even if we took that analysis as a given, Biden isn’t just trying to win the White Male Bigot vote. And he’d be a fool to try that strategy anyway since the other guy already has the White Male Bigot vote locked up.

44 Likes

Yes and let us hope that Biden is lucid enough to make the emotional appeal necessary to motivate the requisite number of male crackers.
Cracker From KY

I thought she was a Senator?

1 Like

This is how weird 2020 is. Sarah Palin just congratulated Harris on her selection and gave… really good advice?

17 Likes

Oh come on. He’ll be on the trash heap of history by 2024.

3 Likes

that will be my new yard sign.

I am getting that shit on a gigantic sign

2 Likes

None of those jack holes were going to vote for him, anyway. Their messiah is the incumbent.

21 Likes

I don’t want to see the end of that sentence

13 Likes

27 Likes

Do you think mommy will let little Mikey debate Harris without a chaperone?

31 Likes

Kentucky is a write off for the Dems. No sense trying to appeal to voters there - Trump beat Clinton two to one.

Maybe they should try to appeal to who the winner will be - especially as it looks like McConnell won’t be leading the Senate either.

10 Likes

Maybe even send her in to debate Donnie. That would be fun!

17 Likes