Biden the best Dem to take on Trump says poll

My state is a pretty guaranteed win for Biden but there’s a lot of work to do to lock in contested House districts here. That and local are my focus for volunteering.

10 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/13/opinion/joe-biden-president.html?unlocked_article_code=1.600.5FRH.FLwS4OUQZ-oW&smid=url-share

OpinionGuest Essay (unlocked)

Bernie Sanders: Joe Biden for President

8 Likes

Good for you! We need a solidly Dem House (and Senate), and more blue statehouses!

6 Likes

Yeah, we need to get back to a state house supermajority so that the next wave of fascists can’t leave the state to prevent business from being done.

5 Likes

Ugh. I read Bernie’s op-ed and felt really good about it. Then I read a sampling of the comments thread. Yuck. Just a bunch of long-winding whining about how Bernie isn’t being honest, or how Biden is too old to bother voting for. I guess NYT readers can all retire to their Italian villas when this country goes up in flames after their ennui elects Donald Effing Trump.

6 Likes

I wonder how many different groups are assigned to astroturf the NYT comments?

14 Likes

Especially if it was Trump branded

Or Trump endorsed

Given Trump’s love for asbestos and activism during his presidency to reduce regulations against it, it’s almost surprising MAGA hasn’t been all-in on asbestos supplements to take with their daily intake of zinc and ivermectin.

6 Likes

I wonder what the breakdown is between republicans and Russians.

6 Likes

And China, AIPAC, Koch network, Xian Nationalists, Iran, etc

5 Likes

Yep Yes GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

7 Likes

You may be underestimating just how easy it is to make wealthy and powerful people feel threatened. If you so much as propose a modest adjustment to the tax rate for the wealthiest fraction of a percent of Americans they immediately have a fit of the vapors.

9 Likes

Well Felon 45 fixed that today didn’t he? This “assassination attempt” was so obviously a false flag. The crisis actors he hired, and the Secret Service he gave a little bump to were so bad at what they were doing. TFG pumping his fist and mouthing “fight”? WTF was that? No one in the audience panicked??? This couldn’t have been more of a HS play put on by amateurs!

3 Likes

Like this eBay mafia guy:

When he says “persecuting”, he means having the IRS make sure rich people are paying their taxes.

8 Likes

We shouldn’t assume until we have some evidence on that. People ARE dead, not just the shooter.

11 Likes

Let’s just not, shall we?

It’s not impossible that this was an inside job, but the odds of Trump or his people successfully hiring an entire audience of “crisis actors” without anyone spilling the beans are way, way lower than the odds of an unstable person who hates TFG getting their hands on a gun. That’s just some Alex Jones level shit.

16 Likes

I actually had a cheese and pate sandwich. I had some pate to use up. Sorry, I’m so so sorry. :rofl:

4 Likes

If there was one dead and two critically injured, as the BBC has reported, I can’t believe it was just a make-believe. The chances of a weirdly disgruntled young American man taking a rifle and shooting some people seem much higher. It’s happened time and again, after all. There was another mass shooting in Alabama later the same day.

I just can’t understand why the roofs with a view of the stadium weren’t under some kind of surveillance by the security forces. But cock-ups are far more common than successful conspiracies.

5 Likes

Doesn’t sound like you’re getting gritty, but this might scratch some of that itch:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.