Biden Transition Team/Appointments Watch

Never heard of him, but the name sounds like a Marvel villain!

3 Likes

Biden appointed Rachel Levine as Asst Health Secretary!

16 Likes

7 Likes

This video had been sitting on the shelf since 2015, unedited and unpublished… But with Eric Lander in the news this week (he is nominated to become Joe Biden’s cabinet level science advisor) I thought it was worth dusting off and sharing with you all.

6 Likes

So the Biden administration put some kind of NERD in charge of the science office??

yes

15 Likes

Well…a mathematician, which frankly sounds like trouble.

8 Likes

I vaguely recall people like this from what seems like ages ago … appointees who actually knew what their departments and positions did, appointees whose main goal wasn’t to destroy and corrupt their departments. There was a word for these kinds of appointees … oh yes, I have it: experts.

16 Likes

She’s a big proponent of Net Neutrality and rolling out broadband to underserved communities. A nice change from the telco shill with the big novelty mug, who’s no doubt arranging to cash in on his four years of corruption.

12 Likes

The prelude to NLRB appointments:

10 Likes

There’s one nasty federal union Biden will have to tangle with.

6 Likes

Unless the Border patrol has qualified immunity, immigration advocates will have a field day.

3 Likes

This guy’s vitae!! Even economics.

3 Likes

Or they could, you know, defund ICE.

6 Likes

One of the agreements, for example, says: “No modifications whatsoever concerning the policies, hours, functions, alternate work schedules, resources, tools, compensation and the like of or afforded employees or contractors shall be implemented or occur without the prior affirmative consent” in writing by the union.

2 Likes

Excerpt: Not waiting for the bar association to vet potential nominees — a process that takes about a month, according to people familiar with it — is also likely to help speed Mr. Biden’s efforts to push nominations into the confirmation pipeline more quickly than President Barack Obama did.

5 Likes

… and de-appointments.

12 Likes

Ugh, not this asshole again.

7 Likes

Dickheads like this so deeply enmeshed in the party establishment are difficult to get rid of. Sending Emanuel to Japan as ambassador isn’t the worst way of getting him and his big mouth out of the way of domestic politics for a few years.

12 Likes

Also, given his (ahem) combatative style, what are the chances he causes some sort of gaffe and is forced to step down.

5 Likes

I wish I were still baffled by Biden fighting harder for shitheads like this than for the policies that would help millions of everyday Americans that he actually ran on.

6 Likes