Big blue penis painted legally on the side of building shocks Stockholm residents, who demand it be taken down

New band name!

11 Likes

Dark Helmet

Heh, heh, heh!!

Okay that’s it for me on this thread. It’s Friday. Got things out of my system.

2 Likes

I uhm…*looks again at proportions of the giant, turgid, blue penis in the mural*… yeah, I’m definitely not walking around with anything that looks like that.

2 Likes

Is that… A security camera on the clitoris?

Now I’m genuinely curious what the statement there is.

“THE CLIT IS ALWAYS WATCHING. NOTHING ESCAPES HER GAZE. YOU WILL BE JUDGED, AND FOUND WANTING.”

7 Likes

10 Likes

Sorry, can’t engage you right now; I’m too busy having an awesome day.

LUV. HUR.

10 Likes

The more she does, the more I realize how awesome she is!

6 Likes

Yeah, I agree, but at the same time, unmissable on the wall and erect. Some people aren’t that keen on unsolicited dick pics? I know my ex would make me not drive down that road with my kid in the car. (I am not sure of my decision if left on my own volition.)

That is really cool. The complex colors are exactly what makes my brain light up. I wanna see what it looks like up close - is it smooth or layered? Is there texture?

3 Likes

Shock Block Cock Rocks Stock

20 Likes

While it is an image of a dick, this is not the same as “a dick pic.”

Context matters, as does intent.

Unsolicited dick pics are a social faux pas because usually the sender has a personal agenda that he’s trying to achieve; enticing a woman to want to have sex with him… despite the fact that most women are not wired the same as men are, and we don’t necessarily respond to seeing the male body in the same exact way that many males respond to seeing the female form.

I can only presume that the artist’s agenda is different; that she’s not trying to entice anyone into sexual activity, but instead is trying to provoke ideas and conversations that make many people uncomfortable… because society has severe psychological issues with human sexuality and nudity.

Yeah, it is; she’s quite talented.

13 Likes

Although the penis’ owner keeps insisting it’s 7 stories high for some reason.

32 Likes

Sounds like a familiar game. If this is inoffensive and benign, how much would someone have to change it before it would be appropriate to take it down?

I agree with you. In a gallery I’d have zero problem with it, though it pales when compared to the other example (granted that is subjective). Still not sure how I feel in public. A flaccid penis on a statue or at a fountain, ok. Giant on the side of a building? I dunno. You could probably convince me to accept it over time, but not other people I know, like my kiddo’s mom. She too would be ok about it in a gallery, but she’s more conservative when it comes to that sort of thing especially where her daughter is concerned. And when dealing with public installations, I think that has to be considered.

This begs the question, if it was taller, say like 18 stories, is it really 17 stories because they skipped the 13th floor?

3 Likes

Add a red hat to it. A fedora. Er, no, a bowler hat.

4 Likes

Tip of the hat? Ridiculous…

6 Likes

For once I’m going to side with the sexually repressed.

I like art that makes people uncomfortable. I feel like someone saying, “I’d rather this art-that-makes-me-uncomfortable wasn’t 5-stories high out my window,” isn’t really that unreasonable.

Just to add to what @Melz2 already said about this, I think often the problem with those is that a particular person is on the receiving end. If a guy was walking down the beach nude I’d say we ought to live and let live. If a guy was walking down the street in a trench coat and flashed some particular person, I’d alert the cops.

Unwanted sexual advances that violate social norms are kind of sinister/threatening.

12 Likes

Yeah I had the exact same thought! Giant engorged penis mural on building causes a stir! It’s déja vu all over again!

2 Likes

This is like an adult Fox in Sock…

5 Likes

Oh, oh, I can do one!

Shock Stock Cock Blocks.

7 Likes

So you’d be ok if half of humanity walked around with their penis hanging out for all to see?