Bill Barr might resign, reports NYT

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/06/bill-barr-might-resign-reports-nyt.html

1 Like

So that should make it easier to prosecute him for trial fixing, malicious prosecution, perjury and the likely murder of Jeffrey Epstein.

14 Likes

These Trumpkin creeps and miscreants sure have a way of constantly stealing the limelight from the incoming administration.

If Ttump does hold a rally during Biden’s inaugural ceremony, I half-expect the corporate media to pay a lot more attention to Trump’s continued ranting and bloviating.

11 Likes

15 Likes

You can hate Barr as much as you want, but one of the main reasons to do so is: nothing he has done is prosecutable. He’s that good. (Or evil, rather.)

6 Likes

Once again for those in the back:

• It does not matter how much you’ve sacrificed for him.
  • It does not matter how deeply you demean or compromise yourself for him.
  • It does not matter how loudly you’ve praised him.
  • It does not matter what you’ve accomplished for him in the past.

At some point, it still won’t be enough.

And when that day comes Trump will throw you to the wolves in disgust.

28 Likes

Oh how the dumpster fire full of lobotomized piranhas devours itself as it roasts

12 Likes

First the stoic resignation, then the apology tour, and then Dancing with the Stars!

27 Likes

Maybe he can become a professor at Berkeley, alongside John “torture memo” Yoo.

14 Likes

Barr can run but he cannot hide.

His bastardized Catholicity and perversion of law will come back to bite him in his fat trumpian ass.

5 Likes

Well. The things we know about, anyways. I recall some government post he was on in the 90’s, they didn’t find out some of his fireable shenanigans until a couple years after he left.

5 Likes

Seriously, does it matter if one piece of shit leaves, allowing the piece of shit in chief to appoint another piece of shit in his place?

5 Likes

The scary thing is, there are probably even less principled pieces of shit out there, although most likely not as competent. Since competence has never really mattered to Il Douche, though, that will likely not matter.

12 Likes

At this stage of the game, I would suspect that any resignations that happen might be part of a deal to get pardoned while trump is still in office.

6 Likes

Think of Trump as a boat. He’s kept this country afloat for 4 years. Well, not really afloat, but more like a luxury cruise ship where the plebes bust their asses to please the affluent people.

Now when I think of Barr, I think of a rodent stowaway on that boat. Someone who thought they could benefit by hopping on-board for free scraps of food if they were reliable enough to stay quiet and only mess around in the plebe section.

But now a problem arises! The boat begins to take on water and go down!

Rats on a sinking ship. F them all.

1 Like

ITYM “in contempt.” Disgust requires more regard than Trump wastes on anyone.

4 Likes

Trump crashed his boat the second he stepped on it.

He’s more like an evil racist version of Gilligan. Utterly incompetent consistently. The only thing he succeeds at is bumbling and grift

2 Likes

If only there was a way to let management of the mainstream stations know that coverage should be left to Newsmax, OAN, and right-wing radio stations. I don’t want to hear anything about 45 or his family on or after Inauguration Day, unless it involves indictments, a trial, or a prison sentence.

14 Likes

Anyone male. Disgust he saves for women.

5 Likes

I’m not convinced he’s even good at grift, otherwise he wouldn’t have to maintain a web of lies about his success. He sets up others, steers money to his businesses, but he cannot hold onto his ill-gotten gains and constantly winds up in debt. Those around him profit and sail off in their yachts, but he just treads water while convincing followers/suckers that he’s walking on it.

12 Likes