AG Barr criticizes Trump's tweets on Stone: He should stop, his tweets 'make it impossible for me to do my job'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/13/ag-barr-to-abc-mean-tweets.html

5 Likes

No, Bill, your job is to anticipate Trump’s tweets and act on them before he comes up with them!

19 Likes

It’s hard to cover up crimes when the perp keeps bragging about them on Twitter. /s

56 Likes

My thoughts exactly. You can’t run a coverup when Trump insists on being a screaming meme beacon.

34 Likes

It would be such a shame if Barr resigned in anger.

20 Likes

i-zombie-clive-is-done

21 Likes

I think he must imagine this covers his ass, but he underestimates the magnitude of the ass he’s showing.

36 Likes

Trump wouldn’t have to tweet about if Barr did his job properly, amirite?

13 Likes

This bullshit is how military coups happen.

1 Like

Asha Rangappa: “It definitely makes it harder to crime for the President when the President keeps making it obvious that you are criming for him“

26 Likes

Barr was pushed to do this publicly after he had 4 career prosecutors walk off the job on the Stone case. Unless he wants to face more and more resignations, he had to save face in some way. It fundamentally changes nothing of course, but at least he went through the motions for appearances sake.

The Emperor is still naked though, and Barr has done nothing but cover for him since being placed in office.

23 Likes

Bill, ya better dust off that resume, Cheetoolini no likey his lick boots criticizing him.

17 Likes

Billy boy signed up for this ride, I can’t see why he’s whining.

11 Likes

One of my Facebook acquaintances made the comment “This Barr interview is DeNiro in Goodfellas yelling at Johnny Roastbeef for buying his wife a Cadillac after the Lufthansa heist.”

14 Likes

I hope the film ref analogy holds; remember what happened to Johnny Roastbeef.

12 Likes

If there are no consequences for something, ever, is it really illegal?

Asking for Dick Cheney

22 Likes

Not the mention the ass he is coving up for

4 Likes

12 Likes

Time for Giuliani to dust off that AG résumé that trump rejected last time.

9 Likes

And to Jimmy the Gent.

3 Likes