BARR COVERUP: Mueller told A.G. he failed to capture ‘context, nature, substance’ of Trump Russia report

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/30/barr-coverup-mueller-told-a-g.html

11 Likes

I’m sure several republicans will be “deeply disturbed” and then do jack shit.

34 Likes

You give them too much credit.

43 Likes

I see Mueller testifying in the near future.

39 Likes

29 Likes

he failed to capture ‘context, nature, substance’ of Trump Russia report

That’s how I am with Avengers: Endgame.

6 Likes

I see Trump suing to prevent that.

10 Likes

I cannot believe Mueller would be so naive as to think Trump and his appointees wouldn’t make hay out of any ambiguities in his report. As soon as I saw that he was not going to recommend charges, or at least state that Trump’s actions demonstrated probable cause to believe he could be charged under one of the many Federal obstruction statutes, it was clear that Trump would claim the report as vindication. How he could not have seen that beforehand is dumbfounding. That is, unless he knew that was precisely what Trump and Barr would do, and he presented it that way so that they could do just that. Mueller does not appear to be an idiot. Which makes me think in this letter he does protest too much.

7 Likes

He can keep filing lawsuits until the cows come home; it’s still not gonna save his puckered orange ass.

Had he just stayed in the shadows, he could have broken laws and continued shitting on people, ad infintum.

But he didn’t; there’s a microscope on him now, and sooner or later, his fucking chickens ARE coming home to roost.

34 Likes

The question is - will he need to resign to do so?

Barr may not permit him to testify while he’s still an employee.

12 Likes

The case for impeaching Barr is strong. Nancy, Steny, make it happen!

6 Likes

I honestly don’t know.

What I do know is that I hope NY & NJ anywhere else with any viable beef have the warrants signed, ready and waiting to go before the Rep primary gets under way.

19 Likes
  1. Would that be legal?

2. Does question #1 still mean anything?

16 Likes

Nobody told me there’d be days like these
Strange days indeed
most peculiar
Mama

17 Likes

I wish Mueller would just hand Congress the full report and realize the acting AG is not objective or trustworthy whatsoever.

18 Likes

As I understand it - the AG can determine who testifies for the Justice Department.

And they’re fighting subpoenas.

11 Likes

I had to like that idea.
Who could not?

3 Likes

They used to call John Gotti ‘the Teflon Don’; but in the end, they still got him eventually.

The trick is surviving and keeping most of our sad excuse for civilization intact until then.

25 Likes

The rule of law is being corrupted from within the department of justice…

12 Likes

“Department of Justice” is now officially Newspeak doublethink.

11 Likes