Read the full text of the Mueller report here, as redacted by Barr

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/18/here-is-the-redacted-mueller-r.html

Dems fight for unredacted report’s release

7 Likes

Let the hot takes begin. I anticipate velcoming many new comrades to BoingBoing in this topic.

30 Likes
40 Likes

Why would he redact the part that totally exonerates the President? Barr must be an Angry Democrat!

12 Likes

I’ve already heard pundits claim that it’s a ploy by Mueller. That he could have presented a report that didn’t have to have have anything redacted for legal reason (e.g. classified, grand jury testimony, relating to other open investigations, etc.). That he did so so that we will have 2 years of people 2nd guessing what was removed from the report. I suppose there are some things that should be redacted, but most of it should be intact. I guess I will have to flip through/read the analysis later.

If I had a document that exonerated me, I’d want the whole thing released. But that’s just me.

10 Likes

The Beast got their best speed readers to go through it

Yeah, Meuller caught him obstructing justice on many occasions.

Also, I think Barr made sure some redactions were colored green instead of yellow

21 Likes

I saw this BoingBoing link just before my phone blew up with news alerts and figured it was a parody/joke/hoax/#FAKENEWS. So I didn’t click on it.

Alas that I should be so cynical! Now I’m 30 seconds behind everyone else with my hot takes.

11 Likes

They sent a PDF… and the media is lamenting that it’s not “searchable”. That can be case if special efforts are made with a PDF, which can be easily deduced by running a trusty (typically linux) utility like pdftotext on it and examining the output. On some rare such occasions one discovers that ‘redaction’ is only an overlay and you can read what is ‘under’… someone has already attempted this, one hopes?

11 Likes

Totally Exonerated! Ha Ha Ha Ha!

08%20AM

Please folks don’t forget that SDNY and many others are have active investigations into tRump & Co.

26 Likes

Wasn’t this what we were told would happen from the beginning? Mueller has no authority to charge the president. His job was to simply gather evidence so that congress could decide if they wanted to impeach and then prosecute. That’s what the line

Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutor judgement, we did not draw ultimate conclusions about the President’s conduct

is all about.

He’s saying that he can’t make a judgement because it’s not in his purview to do so and that the evidence did not allow him to conclude there was no criminal activity on Trumps part.

17 Likes
6 Likes

The end of page 94 to the top of page 95 (of volume 1) said something interesting. It was about how some in the Trump campaign (like Bo Denysyk) were concerned about the campaign looking too pro-russian (mostly from all the articles pointing it out in 2016) with a possible outreach to the russian american community.

6 Likes

Vol 2_7 is pretty damning. See bookmark.

3 Likes

Pages 113 to 114 talked about one of Russia’s top prosecutors via an contect sent DJT Jr an email that tried to connect illegal activity in Russia to Hillary (you know some of the Russia/Hillary conspiracy stuff some conservative talking heads attempted and failed to stick on her)

It’s looking very unlikely Trump, his family and campaign staff will recover from this on top of the other stuff mentioned. Mueller is likely holding stuff back for future uses.

2 Likes

It’s premature to speculate on recovery when they haven’t fallen yet. Dude is a fuckin’ Weeble.

16 Likes

Vol 2_7 begins on Page 157

4 Likes

Holding what back and why? What future uses? That makes so earthly sense.

3 Likes

There had to be more than a single email between those parties about that topic. Alot of people with shovels digging a very big hole.

2 Likes

Rachel Maddow now has a script for the next 20 years.

How many ways to knit a story…

3 Likes

Not to belabor the obvious, but “if this person weren’t President we’d nail him to the wall, but he is, so that’s Congress’ job” is hardly what I’d call “exoneration” of any kind. And that part wasn’t redacted. And the report itself essentially demands its own unredacted release to Congressional investigators.

23 Likes