William Barr resigns

The president added: “Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen, an outstanding person, will become Acting Attorney General. Highly respected Richard Donoghue will be taking over the duties of Deputy Attorney General. Thank you to all!”

Trump tweeted a copy of Barr’s resignation letter saying he will depart his job on Dec. 23. “I will spend the next week wrapping up a few remaining matters important to the Administration,” Barr wrote, in a letter that largely praised Trump.

“Your record is all the more historic because you accomplished it in the face of relentless, implacable resistance,” Barr wrote to Trump.

8 Likes

Now… in which pocket is Willy’s pardon?

1 Like

That sounds brown.

8 Likes

4qddsv

14 Likes

Pisses me off that the press took this click bait hook line and sinker distracting from Biden Wins! headlines.

Fuck Bill Barr and the orange horse he rode in on.

16 Likes

And let’s be real, Barr’s slinking off to make room for whichever acting AG crony will do still more damage to our democracy.

14 Likes

The only reason Barr is resigning is because he wasn’t willing to be corrupt enough to suit trump.

He was only willing to lie 98% of the time, while trump wanted him prevaracating 108% of the time.

15 Likes

But what is the lie he wouldn’t tell? Is it just that he wouldn’t assert that Trump won the election or is there a bigger abuse of power coming through the Justice Dept?

4 Likes

Hmm. I think it’s more just rat, sinking ship, etc.

7 Likes

Barr admitted that Biden won.

9 Likes

Bigger than helping Trump orchestrate a coup to illegally seize power after losing an election? Because that would be pretty darn big.

9 Likes

I’m expecting Trump to accuse Biden of being personally responsible for stuffing ballot boxes and having him arrested on or before January 4. I think we haven’t seen what it looks like when Trump “orchestrate[s] a coup” yet.

Finally.

Now I’m no longer going to have that recurring moment of confusion whenever the American press mention AG Barr

3 Likes

Honestly, I am a bit terrified by the thought of “what does Il Douche want to do that is so out there not even Barr would go along with it?” Let us all hope that whatever assholery it is dies aborning.

9 Likes

Oh good grief, I never even made that connection.

Run away!

1 Like

he’s not wrong though. 45’s tenure was historic, and not just for all the golf games he lost.

bunkerboy broke all the records by being not only the worst and most unpopular president in modern history, but by also by losing so bigly in his reelection campaign.

he also had the worst response to any disaster in us history, even despite all the opposition and good guidance available for him to use.

he will remain remembered for a long time to come. as precisely what not to do when you’re president

6 Likes

One would hope. The poster child for “Don’t do this!”

3 Likes

Which non-federal prosecutors can pursue Mr Barr now?

Who would do the arresting? And do you think they have the guts to fight through the Secret Service protection Biden already has?

Because I could see ICE giving it a go if he was unprotected, but those wannabes would shit their britches if they were facing off with a Secret Service detail.

1 Like