Mazie Hirono to Bill Barr: 'You should resign.'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/01/mazie-hirono-to-bill-barr-y.html

14 Likes

He won’t resign. It’s time for Congress to impeach this life-long cover-up artist.

35 Likes

Ahhhh remember the good ol’ days when Republicans wanted to impeach Rosenstein. /Xs

Impeach Barr because practice makes perfect.

15 Likes

He should. He won’t. He got in bed with Trump. Now he’s in too deep. He’s going to have to be pried out of there.

14 Likes

This is a mental image I really did not need, today nor any other day. :nauseated_face:

17 Likes

My prediction: Trump’s going to throw him under the bus before long anyway because Barr still “failed” him by releasing the mostly-complete report (including loads of embarrassing details) instead of withholding it entirely. Barr tried to soften the blow as much as he could but at the end of the day he still thought he could fulfill at least some of the basic duties of his office, and that mistake will be his undoing just as it was for Jeff Sessions.

Sooner or later all Trump’s stooges end up being asked to fall on their swords.

34 Likes

Oops. I should have said “politically”. Sorry about that.

I agree that’s also a strong possibility. I’m just saying that I can’t see him voluntarily leaving of his own accord. But I could be wrong. If he does, I will be surprised.

10 Likes

Now I’m imagining all of Trumps underling as ticks who latched on hoping for some kind of career/cash sustenance, but just end up more diseased than they started from drinking that stank-ass blood. In a cruel twist, in their now-weakened state they can’t detach or they’ll die.

18 Likes

What does the “Hon.” in front of his name mean? Surely it can’t be “Honorable”. That would just be totally inaccurate.

10 Likes

Now there is an image that I can cherish for the rest of my life.

4 Likes

I think the most likely possibility is that Trump, frustrated with Barr’s inability to make Trump’s problems go away, just starts publicly insulting and undercutting him until the job becomes so unbearable that Barr eventually resigns as a broken and bitter shell of his former self.

That’s become such a pattern for Trump’s underlings over the last two years that the there are probably stationery shops in D.C. that sell specialized condolence cards for the occasion.

18 Likes

She’s not wrong.

“Honk honk”, as in the noise a clown makes?

14 Likes

Trump is the bus.

11 Likes

As Zefrank likes to say on True Facts.

That’s what the Trump do.

9 Likes

Too bad Barr has no shame.

3 Likes

21 Likes

Anyone have any Industrial-strength Mind Bleach?

18 Likes

Fear is the mind killer!

12 Likes

14 Likes

18 Likes