Bill Cosby charged with sexual assault

Supposed to act? How about “not acting in support of white supremacy,” which is what he did each time he victim-blamed impoverished urban black people?

In 2004, he made his views on race crystal clear in the Pound Cake Speech. He gave it before the NAACP on the 50th anniversary of Brown v Board of Education, the landmark school desegregation case:

“People getting shot in the back of the head over a piece of pound cake! Then we all run out and are outraged, ‘The cops shouldn’t have shot him.’ What the hell was he doing with the pound cake in his hand?”

He went on and on like that, demonizing “lower economic and lower middle economic” Blacks, even calling them “it”, with never a bad word about Whites, not even about school resegregation. It was the Black pathology argument all the way, complete with its lies and exaggerations. He told Blacks:

“God is tired of you.”

10 Likes

Well, she was right about Lemmy.

2 Likes

Only Cardinal Law knows for sure.

1 Like

Lo, the difference 37 years (1977-2015) makes!

3 Likes

37 years and what 30+ victims.

I still say he’ll never see the inside of a cell…

3 Likes

I don’t care how he acts, he fits the definition based on the way he says other black people should act i.e. white, proper (by the oppressors definition among others), or any other of his suggestions as to how his people should shoulder the blame for their plight while almost never, ever, recognizing institutional racism and it’s role in that plight.

Maybe you don’t get it, so let me lay it out, it’s not the way a black (person) man acts, it’s what he thinks or more accurately what we can perceive of what they think based on their words and deeds that would make someone an “Uncle Tom” i.e. complicit in the oppression of their own, particularly when profiting by it.

Bill Cosby was is and will remain an Uncle Tom, moreso than ever given that the high moral code he claimed is clearly a lot of garbage meant to further his Uncle Tom based career.

Fuck that guy.

4 Likes

We have no idea how many other people Polanski victimized, at the time or since then.

2 Likes

Over 50 women have gone on record accusing Cosby now, the vast majority of whom have no motive whatsoever to lie about such a thing.

I doubt there are 50 women on Earth who could even name a time and place when I plausibly could have drugged and raped them.

1 Like

Jeez… I stopped paying attention to the numbers cuz I just couldn’t any more… bleh.

Also… your second sentance is confusing me…

@chgoliz truth. Are there other rumours?

What I mean is, all of Cosby’s accusers have made credible claims that include a time and place when he had them alone with an opportunity to drug and rape them. To my knowledge Cosby hasn’t even claimed that any of the women are making those encounters up, he just denies what went down when they were together.

So if someone was trying to frame Cosby they wouldn’t just need to find 50 random women willing to perjure themselves in order to accuse an innocent man of rape. They’d need to find 50 would-be accusers who had been alone with Cosby in a place where he could drug and rape them without fear of getting caught. That’s a pretty tall order.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve been alone with 50 mammals, let alone people.

2 Likes

Not that I know of, but it’s not the sort of thing I would go out of my way to seek out. It’s just that all the research shows that rapists are serial offenders. They don’t do it just once. 37 years ago, it’s amazing that there was even a trial at all. There’s no way she was his only victim, but girls/women didn’t come forward in those days because it would ruin their lives. So we really don’t know total numbers for either of those men, or any other famous people who have been able to use power, money, shame, public opinion, etc. to keep their victims silenced.

6 Likes

Part of that may have also had to do with Polanski having his wife and unborn child butchered by the Manson family. That obviously doesn’t even begin to excuse drugging and raping a child, but it probably contributed to the public seeing him as a tragic figure.

5 Likes

If I recall my sociology classes correctly, that’s exactly what was advocated in those shitty but popular Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus books. It does sound (and is) horrible, but apparently thought of as okay by a large number of people.

1 Like

You want to make a list of the words found on Stormfront? I’ve never been but I’ve heard it’s a big place, bet most words are there. Get on that. Post it and we’ll try to avoid using those words because clearly they own them now.

Another thing about your post I didn’t like, you credit Cosby for showing white America that [quote=“Mal_Tosevite, post:13, topic:71351”]
they could probably trust a black man to not rape their daughters
[/quote]

That’s one of the many cuts of behaviour that can be described with the insult “Uncle Tom” (Trademark-Stormfront All Rights Reserved). You think there was some benefit there, what Cosby did showing whites that #notallblackguys.

But your benefit was the yoke on every person of colour that didn’t toe that line and dared express themselves in some manner that didn’t conform to Cosby’s and White America’s opinion of how black people ought behave. Cosby chose to reinforce that with his statements on how people ought be that didn’t venture into the reasons of how things are.

Cosby wasn’t some relatable comedian who made it okay to be black, far, far from it, he provided more evidence and bias against all the people that didn’t dress the part and pretend that the only thing you had to do to beat racism and systemic harms was buck up and behave the way he thought you should.

I don’t give a damn that the sites you frequent make use of the same words as me. Uncle Tom has a definition, he fits it, it’s an insult, I intend to insult him, it has a strong cultural connotation, that is the basis of what I’m insulting him over in conjunction with the fact he’s a violent criminal. I’ve never liked him for that (his views on how black people ought behave in white America) among other reasons.

You aren’t going to tone police me in the least, and you aren’t going to deconstruct what I meant into something else. Certainly not by pretending I forget that he was a comedian, or that I’m the one telling people how to behave, or any other way. Fuck you. I say that with all due respect.

4 Likes

13 Likes

I didn’t know that. Ugh.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve even been alone with 50 live mammals.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.