Bill Cosby jailed for 3 to 10 years after judge rules hims a "sexually violent predator"

16 Likes

“Let he who has not drugged and raped scores of women cast the first stone.”

12 Likes

Wow. I really didn’t expect this to end in prison time, to be completely honest. I figured things would drag on until he died anyway.

4 Likes

I did; if only because he’s Black and mostly irrelevant as a public figure now.

8 Likes

Not unlike OJ, but different outcomes.

I have a feeling if there was only one Cosby accuser, he wouldn’t have spent a single minute in a court room.

5 Likes

Sadly, you are probably correct.

6 Likes

No rapist should be released from prison before their victim is free from the trauma. And three or even ten years isn’t enough.

3 Likes

I listened to Eddie, Bill, and Richard when growing up, three early heroes of mine.

This feels a bit like a funeral. It stings to see an admired person revealed to be a monster.

3 Likes

He’s pretty damned old now. 3 years could be life. And I’m not complaining about it. Also, what vonbobo said. I had trouble putting that to words.

1 Like

For very thin values of “worked”.

Dozens of victims, decades of the crimes being an open secret, multiple failed attempts at prosecution and finally a three year sentence.

All in a country in which petty subsistence crime routinely draws multi-decade punishment, in a country where a woman is serving a five year sentence for the “crime” of attempting to vote.

8 Likes

notice only court jesters get thrown under the bus

I’ve got a lovely painted stone I’ve been hanging onto for a special occasion, and a rapist actually doing time for his crime is very special.

The Jello pudding guy shall be known, henceforth, as Convicted Rapist Bill Cosby.

4 Likes

1 Like

For me it makes the fact that he’s getting punished at all even more of a vindication. Not only did he betray all those women, in a much smaller way he betrayed every one of us who looked up to him as a role model of what a man should be, and I have no qualms about being livid over both. That’s literally the kindest thing I can bring myself to say about him, and anything further would be getting into wishing there really was a hell.

Part of it is that when the first couple of accusations surfaced, I was skeptical. It was an object lesson in how foolish that was, and that was the last time I gave an accused rapist the benefit of the doubt.

4 Likes

Agreed. Looking back, that family values bullshit appears to be a red flag. Today we see examples of extreme hypocrisy in the news every day.

1 Like

well, that’s what i mean. considering he’s such a high-profile man, a celebrity, it’s quite amazing the system worked at ALL. i think it’s quite a victory, and that people everywhere should be heartened and know that continuing to speak and push the truth can and does work. but sometimes it takes a LOT of people speaking up to get such a victory.

5 Likes

Andrea Constand is a hero for testifying. I wish her peace & healing. Thanks, Rob, for posting her statement.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.