Bill Cosby jailed for 3 to 10 years after judge rules hims a "sexually violent predator"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/25/cosby-judge-rules-him-a-sexu.html

10 Likes

George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn

9 Likes

I’m no lawyer but I don’t think that’s a good sign your defense is going well.

13 Likes

ETA, after the verdict:

16 Likes

It could be…no; it really couldn’t.

6 Likes

I’m sure many will be happy to see that scumbag out’a the news feeds, at least for a while.

6 Likes

I hope you fade away old man. No one will ever remember you fondly, if at all.

13 Likes

I had only barely followed the details of the Cosby cases, but I was absolutely shocked that this had happened in 2004. For some reason my vague impression was that he’d done terrible shit while he was a young comedian, and maybe during the middle of his broad success in TV. You know, the 80’s, when a businessman could rape his wife and tear his wife’s scalp and have nothing happen.

6 Likes

3-10 years. What does that even mean? He might get out in 3?

6 Likes

He’s been doing it since day 1. The only reason he wasn’t nailed on those early rapes was because of statue of limitations.

5 Likes

Minimum three, can be released anytime after that, after 10 released unconditionally. Given his age, and that he probably won’t be joining any gangs, he’ll be out in 3.

But at 81, 3 years very well could be a life sentence.

7 Likes

Yep. At 3 years he is eligible for parole.

Only 3-10? Geez.

4 Likes

Given his previous criticisms - Maybe someone should have told him to pull his pants up?

6 Likes

popcorn-hands

5 Likes

justice served, took way too long but eventually I guess

now what’s the sentence for each of the men that chain-raped the drunk woman at the Kavanaugh party at college? Because what Avanati is saying is horrifying to the point where I hope he is somehow exaggerating or wrong

today, millions of women (and others) are stunned because the system actually worked.

6 Likes

Andrea Constand’s statement: I was first filled with sorrow and then I was filled with rage.

5 Likes

I hope the many women he assaulted feel some sense of justice from this.

9 Likes

This is even funnier now that the thread title has been updated with the prison sentence.

6 Likes