Bill Cosby speaks to Associated Press on allegations he is a serial rapist

What do you want? Should I bring up criminal women who have created art I think is still praiseworthy even though they themselves are loathsome people?

For what it’s worth, I can’t think of any. Not because women don’t make important art, just that so few women perform such atrocities as these.

Why are you giving me shit for this?

2 Likes

And maybe, if we, as a society, REFUSED to respect and consume the media of those who continue to harm women, then maybe they’d stop doing it. Why do you think Cosby got away with it for so long??? It’s this attitude that led others to shrug it off. “Oh, he’s Cosby! He’s a great artist. Surely we shouldn’t discredit him or his reputation!”

THINK about it. Think about WHY he was able to get away with this for so long, and WHY he will NOT be seeing a court of law, let alone a jail cell (most likely), even though over FOURTEEN women have come forward. Why do you think that is, hmm? Maybe it’s because people consider his art to be oh so important, they don’t give a shit about the women he’s harmed. Just like you.

Oh wait one time you disliked a woman and you still respect her work so why shouldn’t you continue to respect teh work of rapists? My bad. Clearly you’re a reasonable person.

1 Like

Why am I giving you shit for this? Because you compared a woman you disliked once to RAPISTS and you don’t see a fucking problem with that.

How about you not bring up other “terrible” women at all since that’s not what we’re discussing?!?!?!?!?!?!?! How about that.

Not to mention you seem really really really invested in defending the art of a serial rapist, and seem to care almost nothing about the real, actual women who were raped.

1 Like

I don’t see a problem with it because I did not do that. I did not compare the two. I did not say that anything she ever did in her life is in any way comparable to what Cosby may have done. The point, for those not too dense to see it, is that her work is separate from her person, and if she’d eaten my own babies alive that wouldn’t change. I’d have a much more negative visceral reaction to seeing her, but my reaction does not alter the quality of her work, especially not to anyone else but me.

I have no interest in protecting Cosby or his career. I don’t have shelves of box sets of his TV shows and stand-up performances that I’d like prevent from being devalued. I don’t give Shit One for the guy, and I certainly care enough about his victims that I want them to get whatever level of justice is possible for them to receive.

But I don’t care enough about you to try and pry your tunnel-vision open any wider.

What’s up with the random bolding of words, anyway? Seriously?? Stop talking at me, dude. I get it. You have opinions and I must know them.

For someone “not invested in protecting Cosby or his career” you sure spend an awful lot of time defending him, while spending almost no time on the victims.

You DID compare a woman whom you worked with once and don’t like to a fucking serial rapist. This entire discussion is about a serial rapist!

This isn’t about me and it’s not about you. But keep on ‘splain’ to me how oh so important a serial rapist’s work is and also how much you hate this one random woman but still respect her work so like it’s totally cool that you still respect the work of a rapist 'cuz like this one time you worked with a woman you didn’t like much but still respect her work. It’s totally the same thing. Totally.

Did you listen to Hannnibal Burress’s call out AT ALL? One of his points was that Bill Cosby has spent years preaching to others. Do you know WHY he created The Cosby Show? I am a person who ADORES old sitcoms, and The Cosby Show was one of my favorites. I know the history.

Read up on the history of the show. He created the show to be a role model. Deliberately. It was DELIBERATE.

He did not just have a random show.

Something tells me you don’t know the history of this man or this show at all, and yet you still think you have some sort of authority to preach at me about his art. Ah, yes, yet more ‘splainin’ by some dude about a show that I have been invested in since I was a young teen, not to mention the research I’ve put in to this particular sitcom (and others; it’s a hobby of mine).

His art is NOT separate from himself. His art IS him. I have said this before, but you’ve ignored it, so I’ll say it again.

Bill Cosby IS Bill Cosby. In everything he does, he is his art. You cannot separate the two.

1 Like