Billionaire chronicles

6 Likes
11 Likes

Uh…I hope someone is tracking which districts are involved! The timing is a bit sus…

:grimacing:

8 Likes

“Several news reports have claimed that a Russian-owned superyacht named Graceful was seen ‘fleeing’ from a shipyard in Germany towards Russia in an attempt to avoid being impounded due to the sanctions that might be imposed if Moscow invaded Ukraine. Guess who’s the owner of the superyacht? None other than Russian President Vladimir Putin himself.“

He docks his yacht in Germany in the winter? Not somewhere warm?

Idiot

5 Likes

Yachts have to be serviced annually, and a German port is still within range of Russian ports.

6 Likes

Surely their are ports with service facilities in say - the Mediterranean? Or the Caribbean?

3 Likes

When your yacht is being serviced, you’re not staying on it: it’s not vacation time.

5 Likes

He might not trust a Russian shipyard to service it. All it takes is one worker with a grudge to sabotage a hell of a lot of critical systems.

6 Likes

Sure. But when you’re that rich- you just take a Gulfstream to it.

2 Likes

Remember, I work in the financial world.

Yes, one takes a private jet – or, horror of horrors, a commercial flight – to link up with one’s yacht at a lovely location for the weekend, or week, or whatever. But once a year, the crew takes the yacht to get a complete overhaul, and that’s usually not a pleasure cruise for anyone: only the crew on board, and most of them will be given some vacation time once the ship is settled and undergoing the maintenance work. The captain and first mate usually stay with the yacht for most of the time, to oversee the work.

12 Likes
9 Likes

Wow, those numbers are staggering.

Sheeesh.

7 Likes

That was depressing.

6 Likes

Ok, I need to rewatch Amber Ruffin’s take on the IRS:

6 Likes

Step 1. Accumulate staggering wealth.

Step 2.

Step 3. Profit! (even more)

6 Likes

16 Likes

The only way to stop this is to limit hedge fund and corporate ownership of single family housing and residential condos. And to allow denser development.

8 Likes
12 Likes

The haves, and the have yachts, indeed

9 Likes

A rising tide lifts all boats.
And those who don’t have boats, drown.

6 Likes