Binyamin Netanyahu's $1,600 hair styling

Spends $1,600. On a combover. Now THAT’s a waste of money!

2 Likes

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but if you were in college in the 70s you almost surely are eligible for AARP membership.

Incidentally, my read of the article was that the cost was for all the hair work Netanyahu had over the course of his trip, not each haircut. If he had 2-3 public appearance every day, and paid someone to comb his hair before each one, this is still outrageous but more in the $100/per category.

2 Likes

I took his story (and my reply) as eating a triple cone for $0.45 in the 70’s, and his roommate working for Farrell’s during his college years. (Two separate time periods.)

But you’re correct that AARP eligibility starts at 50, and I really don’t want to talk about that. :disappointed: (My internal age is less than 50.)

7 Likes

IIRC from another earlier thread that would be correct as I am older than @Donald_Petersen by just a bit and I am not 50 yet… oh getting close though.

5 Likes

Fair enough…though I’ve also seen a photo he posted of himself…

2 Likes

Now what’s that supposed to mean?!

For your information, I was in college in the early 90s, not the 70s. I was an ice-cream eating tot in the 70s.

I’m forty-six, fer cryin’ out loud. The grey in the beard?

16 Likes

I blame my kid… 3 months into being a dad I start getting the gray hair. And it is good to know my memory isn’t all that faulty.

5 Likes

Okay, well I got the timeline wrong, too. :wink:

4 Likes

Well, maybe you should stop posting photos of Eric Stoltz.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s, like, $100 per combed over hair.

There’s nothing more consistent than the right wing’s commitment to fiscal responsibility.

3 Likes

How about annually?

WTF . . . they keep lowering it. That’s not too far off for me; if I get an application packet in the mail anytime soon I’m going to set something on fire. :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

All that expense and he’s not even getting color done; that’s what costs me the big bucks :cry:

5 Likes

I’m not sure if they’ve mined me yet, but my husband started getting then when he turned 40. I think they confused him with his parents? Both our AAA cards have us listed as 47 year members, which means I’ve been driving since I was seven.

5 Likes

Pfft!

In Toronto’s Chinatown you can get “man cut $8” and those are CAD!

3 Likes

Free Tibet or free beer?

He should talk to Trump’s hair team

2 Likes

Bruce Sterling’s Islands In the Net called this kind of thing out in 1988, I will add. That novel hypothesized a world so gasp inundated with HD video technology, well-known personalities who might find reason to appear in HD video would have to put major effort into looking as good as possible when broadcast (or narrowcast). That book also had a very compelling view of how armed attack drones might be used for assassination efforts in… The Future! Yeah, we’re there folks. I just spent an hour in virtual reality for goodness’ sake.

3 Likes

Just do what I did: get the membership, use the discounts, and don’t read the magazine with its infuriating stories of people 20 years your senior being far more active than you are.

3 Likes

Aaaand Farrell’s closed down most location around 1982-1990.

1 Like