Binyamin Netanyahu's $1,600 hair styling

It’s a lot of shekels but Bibi does look damn good on camera

1 Like

Yeah, they closed in Fresno in the mid-eighties, which is why I thought (erroneously) that @Donald_Petersen went to college in the eighties.

Didn’t everyone have a birthday celebration at Farrell’s (or attended one)?

1 Like

I went to a few, though sadly never one of 'em fancy-pants enough to have ordered The Zoo, which was a big-ass collection of scoops of various flavors of ice cream and toppings, which I think was sized to feed a party of like thirty.

You weren’t far off. This guy was my roommate in 1990. I started college in the fall of '88, but took the next year off, so all but two semesters of my college career took place in the early 90s.

I’ll be 47 in December.

4 Likes

You’re still a youngster. :wink:

5 Likes

to have true empathy they would have to have gone through something simil… oh.

2 Likes

Heh. I don’t need to be a youngster. Just too young for AARP.

When my father passed away last month, my sister and I were faced with the decision of what to do with his house, which is a slightly-fancy doublewide in a 55+ seniors-only trailer park. My brother-in-law just turned 50 in January, and he was overheard to mutter half-wistfully that he’d be half-tempted to just move in the place, if he thought he could get away with it. Their kids are grown and moved out, and the prospect of a paid-for house in a nice, quiet neighborhood sounded pretty good to him. He’d buy a used golf cart to get around.

My sister and I howled with mirth, pointing at him and calling him all kinds of old-fart names. Asking him if he was about to take up shuffleboard and building ships-in-bottles in his apparently limitless spare time.

Nah. We’re putting the place up on the market. Maybe tour Europe on the proceeds.

7 Likes

After Edwards fathered a child with that loony groupie, we looked back with fondness at his $400 haircuts.

1 Like

Wonder what he’s up to now.

Edit: Ah. Personal injury lawyer. How 'bout that.

1 Like

###I’M SIX MONTHS YOUNGER THAN YOU!!!

#WOO-HOO!!!

1 Like

As are you.

2 Likes

Computer-aided (haircut) Design?

1 Like

How bonkers would it be if Trump won the election (sorry) and took off the red ball cap to reveal that he’d bic’d his head clean, and then proceeded to go full-on Lex Luthor…

1 Like

Let’s see, it’s been $25 this month, so if I extrapolate, that’s $300 annually (which sounds low, but whatever). I’ve only had the kind of money that I can buy all the ice cream I want for maybe the last 15 years, so call that $4500. Of course, even when I was a college student who was too broke to buy meat, I’d still hit the ice cream truck whenever I could.

Plus, there were uncounted scoops at the Thrifty when I was a kid. We lived in walking distance, and that was an age when a 10 year old could walk 5 blocks alone and no one freaked out and called the police. Apart from being an indictment of modern paranoia around free-range children, it’s the reason I ate a lot of ice cream.

5 Likes

Well, that explains our relative maturity levels, my boy.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh, and happy birthday!

6 Likes

Twinsies!

5 Likes

quit making me feel old everybody.

8 Likes

not at all bonkers

1 Like

would you settle for venerable?

(source)

8 Likes

Perhaps 'Merica should be drug testing Israelis, Egyptians, Saudis, etc. I mean, we’re giving them deadly weapons, right?

Well, here the discussion is all about artisanal ice-creams that is made on premise or in a near laboratory.
“Brands” which means industrial ice-creams, are consumed but do not really enter in the ice-cream tasting debate.