Bird's eye view of a Lamborghini catching fire

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/18/birds-eye-view-of-a-lamborgh.html

4 Likes

My favorite part was when the firefighter ripped the hood off and threw it in the bushes.

5 Likes

Chick-mag turned to slag.

2 Likes

Lamborghini’s catching fire are as common as Mustangs crashing while leaving cars and coffee events…

2 Likes

The angle this is shot from makes me miss Ignition Factor

3 Likes

Well what did he expect? Lambos are known for having terrible fuel economy.

1 Like

Gee, I was not aware they had a unique propensity.

8 Likes

I can’t tell from the clip if he turns it off. Seems like having the fuel system pressurized isn’t going to help.

2 Likes

I bet the fire got better mileage than the engine.

5 Likes

I enjoyed the fire extinguisher flip. “Fuckit, I tried.”

10 Likes

I wonder how many Lambo’s catch fire because “I can’t make the payments anymore”.

7 Likes

Suspected as much, something about the engine running rich.

I’ve seen a few videos now, and another contributing factor is the fact that the exhaust blows out/very near through flammable body panels, unlike the tail pipes of most other cars. >.<

2 Likes

Driver: "Stay here; I’ll get out and get the fire extinguisher."
Passenger: “OK.” Googles Lamborghini Fires. “Hmm. Maybe I’d better get out too.”

11 Likes

Damn, must e over insured he didn’t even have a sense of urgency.

I was trying to get my car started that had been sitting awhile and had a little too much brake cleaner run down a part and catch fire. Got it out with no damage, but still.

Couple months ago I thought I saw some idiot rolling coal on the highway - turns out his truck was just on fire.

10 Likes

I watched a magnesium block VM burn down once. Firefighters just kept it from spreading.

7 Likes

That’s the sort of heat you can feel across 4 lanes, while in your car, with the windows up, in passing …

2 Likes

I paid $200,000 for this car to make my small penis / ego feel compensated, and all I got was this bonfire.

2 Likes

Rev engine to grab attention. Succeed.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Aren’t you supposed to deploy the hazard warning triangle?

2 Likes