Cop chases speeder so hard his car catches on fire

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/09/cop-chases-speeder-so-hard-his.html

2 Likes

The best part is where he runs the windshield wipers to clear the smoke. Reminds me of the Blues Brothers movie at the end.

14 Likes

Um, this happens.
I don’t know what percentage is allot, but it happens.
It’s normal for this to happen.

Gives a new meaning to “Smokey”.

13 Likes

This could have all been avoided by moving the thousand degree catalytic converter away from the combustible material on the shoulder. It’s not the car’s fault, it’s a simple case of operator error.

22 Likes

This video pleases me on many levels.

Because what the fuck kind of idiot does it take to pass on the shoulder at more than 100 mph :interrobang:

16 Likes

Someone will have to write a lot more tickets to pay for that cruiser.

1 Like

So many things to enjoy…

• All the cars that refuse to get out of the way
  • driving 100+ on the shoulder
  • parking a hot car in tall dry grass and hoping for the best
  • complete inability to operate a fire extinguisher
  • waiting 8 minutes to decide that maybe he should remove valuable items from the vehicle
  • having to be told to remove his explosive ammo from the vehicle
  • forcing the stopped driver to sit parked in a cloud of toxic smoke
  • trying the windshield wipers? (actually I think he bumped the switch while trying to retrieve his computer)

This should be used as a training video on how not to cop.

25 Likes

Oh really?

Lights, psychos, Furbies, screaming babies in Mozart wigs, sunburned drifters with soap sud beards.??

Stephon

21 Likes

Is this from your speech when you were six and went to the circus for the first time?

“The ‘Greatest Show on Earth’? Ha! Where is your psychos, furbies, and screaming babies in Mozart wigs?..”

Tall, dry grass + hot exhaust manifold = fire.

I would say he should have just parked the cruiser partly in the left lane to avoid the tall grass, but the way people were completely ignoring the cruiser’s lights and sirens, it would only have been seconds before some bumblefuck would have plowed into it. SMDH.

2 Likes

Textbook Pyrrhic Defeat.

5 Likes

And the moral of the story is…back up your computer!

I always wondered how much it would fuck with the cop pulling you over if you were to stop in the center median rather than too the right. Now I know! And you get to get away with speeding 2x the speed limit. The cop will let you go!

Exactly what I thought. Absolutely shit Boss Hawg driving.

2 Likes

And risk being hurt/killed by the explosion

Edit: ok just got to him yelling “go go” I guess he did let them flee

Officer Zergers, B.

FTFTFHP

Also can we talk about how when the cop is going like 130 he’s only barely sauntering by the rest of the traffic?

4 Likes

Many years ago I lived in San Antonio. The fire department was having a party in summer, in a campground south of the city. Their parking lot was a grass field that was recently mowed. Somebody’s catalytic converter started a grass fire that cause the total destruction of 75 vehicles. This is no shit.

5 Likes

more like “new york’s hottest club”

4 Likes