Truck has problem in Arkansas police dashcam footage

Originally published at: Truck has problem in Arkansas police dashcam footage | Boing Boing

14 Likes

That will take a rally crew at least 45 mins to repair

56 Likes

The real challenge will be replicating the problem in order to debug this.

35 Likes

It’ll buff out.

28 Likes

I get this on the alleged news link

Access Denied

You don’t have permission to access “Flaming van rolls downhill nearly striking man | 5newsonline.com” on this server.

Reference #18.5c421202.1616415584.1d90b0b2

ETA using a VPN fixed it (you’d think they’d come up with a more user-informative message if they didn’t want us pesky Europeans to visit)

And go look at the news link - the dashcam footage is super-wide-screen and you can see more of the developing event in the video clips there.

Oh - and re this…

Officer Harris immediately jumped into action and got his fire extinguisher.

Sgt. Murphy, FPD Public Information Officer, said, "It was a windy and dry day, so it could’ve been really bad, and until the fire department arrived, Harris was a one-man show. I’m just happy our units responded so quickly so they could put those flames out. Firefighters need heroes and I think officer Harris was probably their hero that day.”

…the cop’s bodycam footage of him getting a fire extinguisher from his trunk clearly shows a fire truck passing in the background. Maybe it was his second fire extinguisher.

6 Likes

Hell Rider GIF

27 Likes

I didn’t see any trucks.

2 Likes

Look into the flames… :wink:

5 Likes

“Excuse me, did you know that your truck is on fire?”

12 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the truck except it’s on fire.

9 Likes

Looks like a van on fire.

4 Likes

I’m no mechanic, but I think that vehicle is overheating.

37 Likes

van

noun

a covered vehicle, usually a large truck or trailer, used for moving furniture, goods, animals, etc.

3 Likes

did not see that coming.

13 Likes

“The Fayetteville Fire Department told 5NEWS they believe the fire started from the van overheating.”

Unattributed, but believed to be from FFD Chief, Captain Obvious.

9 Likes

Well that was metal AF

11 Likes

How very Children of Men. Certainly checks out for real-world 2020s…

5 Likes

I need a gif on this.

4 Likes

The dashcam caught a glimpse the the tRump administration going by. And the trailer represents the rest of us, who knew all along that it was a flaming mess but couldn’t decouple ourselves.

Poor trailer. I like trailers.

10 Likes

Sing along, “The Van! The Van! The Van is on fire! We don’t need no water; let the marthafarmer burn. Burn, marthafarmer, burn.”

9 Likes