Dash cam catches Michigan fuel truck as it rolls over and explodes into flames

Originally published at: Dash cam catches Michigan fuel truck as it rolls over and explodes into flames | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That’s a hell of a way to wake up.

12 Likes

Overworked and sleep deprived I’d guess. Lucky no one died or was horrendously burned.

7 Likes

I always wondered how those black tire marks get on those barriers.

6 Likes

Pretty terrifying, the one car in the fast lane could’ve gotten side swiped too but thankfully they weren’t further ahead so they had room to break and get out of the way. I also can’t believe that the driver got out ok

10 Likes

Needs moar driver walking away in slo-mo

8 Likes

Miraculously, someone decided to only post 11 seconds of the crash.

3 Likes

That horrific accident happened near this exit, with this number, believe it or else:

It’s about 20-30ish mins N of Detroit.

Amazing that the driver got out mostly OK! They’re gonna hafta rebuild that section of the freeway, after those tens of thousands of gallons of gasoline and diesel burned up on it. It’s now buckled and brittle.

5 Likes

I just love how people freak out about electric vehicle fires but don’t bat an eye at this stuff.

5 Likes

Part of that is the frequency of gas fires, but another part is that most fire crews aren’t equipped for a lithium battery fire. In a decade when standard equipment changes, the situation will be different.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m mildly disappointed in BoingBoing that no one commented on the road name. I thought we had standards around here!

4 Likes

IKR?! I’m also rather disappointed in the BBS, which is quite a rare occurance. Good thing that pic was handy. No one would’ve believed me.

4 Likes

Oh, being from around that general area of the country, I would have.

There are some interesting names to behold if one travels the highways and byways back east - roads like ‘Big Bone Lick’ in Kentucky…

5 Likes

Well, at least it wasn’t at the intersection with Gratiot (which locals know is pronounced, “grass-shit” for some reason).

3 Likes

Tee hee. Cadieux* (KAD-jyoo), on the lower east side is good, as is Schoenherr (SHAY-nur) on the far east side.

I was tryinta remember ahem KY’s Big Bone Lick jest t’otha d’y. [Anglice: day] Mom & I would sophmorically (and understandably) crack up every time we passed those signs when heading to/from Lou-a-uh-vulle.

*Went to school w/a Cadieux. Rich, preppy, snobby AF, smart, sometimes hysterically funny, but mostly a male mean girl.

3 Likes

Buff Out, Buff Right Out, Yoda, Star Wars

3 Likes

Some jokes are so obvious that I just wait for someone to do the work for me. Also you brought it up and still didn’t make a joke :yum: disappointment for everyone!

4 Likes

Fine.

“Don’t you think you were a little bit hard on Big Beaver yesterday, Mr. Truck?”

4 Likes

8F355134-04FE-4332-9015-BE7DEAEA0DFC

2 Likes

3 Likes