Bird's eye view of a Lamborghini catching fire

Well, the only way to put out a magnesium fire is with a load of cement or sand. Water will work just as “well” as in a fat fire. Although the explosion might blow out the fire.

3 Likes

I liked when the driver tossed the inadequate fire extinguisher behind him in disgust.

Although the schadenfreude was mighty tasty.

2 Likes

They’re just copying Ferrari.

8 Likes

From the first link: “It’s usually the nut behind the wheel than the car to blame.”

LMAO! Too true. It seems like whenever there’s video of a supercar-b-que, pointless revving is a factor.

2 Likes

Rack of Lamb-orghini.

5 Likes

Fighting vehicle fires is harder than it looks:

http://www.fireengineering.com/articles/print/volume-149/issue-4/features/new-fire-tactics-for-new-car-fires.html

1 Like

Meh. If it had been a Miura, i’d a been upset.

5 Likes

I bet the fire engine got better mileage.

7 Likes

I used to belong to our local volunteer (rural) fire brigade and all I could hear once that truck turned up was my erstwhile Captain saying “that’s some pretty shitty hosework right there”.

3 Likes

Do not watch the opening sequence of the 1969 The Italian Job.
Seriously.

5 Likes

None of this timewasting ‘if’ nonsense I see. Straight to the ‘when’.

1 Like

That camera couldn’t have been more perfectly placed. Or maybe the driver thought “Am I in frame now?”

1 Like

I hear that. I added oil to a hot engine once and through a weird series of events got hit on the head by the descending hood of the car as I did so. Couple seconds after I spilled that cup of 10W40 down the side of the block, and onto the near-glowing manifold I had my extinguisher out from the back. The oil burned a bit, but it was a volvo with so many miles on it that I never even bothered to replace the singed wires to the plugs. My passenger (did I mention I was on the side of the interstate) locked eyes with me as I put the hood back down - and I realized I had a pretty cool friend there, sitting patiently through a car fire. NBD.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it. Too late!

1 Like

I’m thinking a Lambo driver would be better off carrying a bag of sand under the hood.

1 Like

Hey - Seattle! That’s coming off I-5 under the convention center.

3 Likes

Nice of him to get it out of the tunnel before it conflagrates!

1 Like

I don’t consider myself to be a fan of burning car videos, but this video of a fuck-you-I’m-part-of-the-one-percent car burning was really satisfying to watch.

1. He used his fire suppression kit, then borrowed another. My heap isn’t insured, but I don’t know that I would have done more than that guy did.

2. If my 200K dollar car burned down, I’d love to have a vid like this to help make my case against insurance arson.

3. All that said, I wonder if he went and sincerely thanked that business owner that gave him the extinguisher.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.