Bizarre extraterrestrial-like beings in 19th-century gynecological diagrams

Originally published at: Bizarre extraterrestrial-like beings in 19th-century gynecological diagrams | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Are we certain that they are aliens and not mutants?
443712d65a8eb7f841fa5fb4c0e03aff614e4cac_00
And has Uri Geller weighed in?

6 Likes

Is that why that metal stuff is all bent?

3 Likes

Thank you for successfully navigating my complicated and obscure Dead Ringers/Uri Geller bent spoon reference! A certificate, suitable for framing, is on its way to you right now!

6 Likes

Imagine being so terrified of women’s bodies that even in a gynecological guidebook, you render all of the bodies as sexless, barely-humanoid forms.

5 Likes

We all owe Uri Geller a huge apology.

3 Likes

This proves aliens exist!

1 Like

May have been less terror, and more wanting to publish a book that could be widely received. His claim to fame is uterine massage for treatment of prolapse. The masculine beginnings of Women’s Health – HISTORY.PHYSIO

3 Likes

I’m guessing this is just sorta what you get when you take a “stick figure” drawing and try to flesh them out a little.

That is actually a realistic depiction of late nineteenth century Scandinavians. See also

10 Likes

I have just checked with a group of female friends, and they confirm that it is, indeed, a logical conclusion that many of the older gynecological procedures, particularly those they experienced in the early to mid 20th century, were created by aliens, aliens possibly who had never seen the human female body, and who are quite possibly the true solution to the Fermi Paradox equation. /s

2 Likes

3 Likes

I feel like this is something you would see in like an industrial CD book, or possibly an ancestor of Salad Fingers. Or maybe notes for the Skinny Puppy stage show.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.