Bizarre soundtrack glitch in Russia's surreal New Year special on state TV

Originally published at: Bizarre soundtrack glitch in Russia's surreal New Year special on state TV | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Well they were performing on a record so I’m inclined to believe they were miming a record scratch.

17 Likes

Oh, those Russians. (All cued up for you.)

6 Likes

For some weird reason I want to now see a parody with Jeremy Renner singing on a giant record? :thinking:

6 Likes

This is what it looks like when a propaganda outlet goes all-in on a holiday treat for the decrepit mouth-breathing ignoramuses that forms its core audience. Given the chance, Murdoch would produce the same kind of cringeworthy spectacle for the Faux crowd.

15 Likes

Hey, (Orwell’s) 1984! Wait until you get a glimpse of 2023!

Load-bearing? Maybe if it’s a load of bullshit. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Everyone looks like they know the show might as well be called “The Smile or Die Hour”

Stress Wtf GIF

13 Likes
6 Likes

also -

6 Likes

‘Like it or not, Russia is enlarging’

Definitely sounds like some of the spam messages in my mail folder.

6 Likes

You mean Tucker didn’t get an invite to perform for his favourite audience?

4 Likes

this whole… event gives me very strong montys-vibe; its allmost as absurd as christmas in heaven:

(edit/ actually, its far more bizarre than even that!)

wow. just…wow.

9 Likes

I agree. It’s very obviously not a glitch. But why let the truth deny the opportunity for an attention-getting headline? Now that is irony.

6 Likes

ETA:

ETA: The dance they are attempting is the hopak.

11 Likes

Having spent a few months in former-Soviet bloc countries, I can assure folks that Russian programming is often supremely bizarre.

6 Likes

Hunger Games-esque

4 Likes

Ah, the good old days

2 Likes

EXACTLY what I thought of!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s all part of the show, but what’s really important here is that apparently the Russian economy is in such dire straights that the singers have to fill in as phonograph needles, as well!

2 Likes

Clearly this was not a glitch but part of routine. The giant record turntable is quite the clue…

…also, didn’t see date on this but assuming recent then digital devices don’t glitch like a 90s record.

3 Likes