State-run Russian TV broacaster teases a new Tucker Carlson show there

Originally published at: State-run Russian TV broacaster teases a new Tucker Carlson show there | Boing Boing

4 Likes
8 Likes

The 21st century’s Lord Haw Haw.

17 Likes

Nice!

12 Likes

Is it greed, or does he just want to schmooze with others in the fascist oligarch circle? I know rich people are still motivated by greed, but if he was money oriented, I’d think he’d have toned down his show to keep being paid as a Fox asshole. He had a show of his own, had a lot of choice how to run it, and he leaned that, hard, into being a right-wing dictatorship fan club.

9 Likes

I found the Russian translation speaking over Fucker very funny.

3 Likes

Indeed, first thing that came to mind.

6 Likes

I saw a clip of him spouting Russian propaganda the other day and my first thought was that he’s really embracing his role as Putin’s Lord Haw-Haw.

He needs to begin every broadcast by saying “Kremlin calling, Kremlin calling” in a high, nasal voice, just so we don’t miss the message.

13 Likes

Well, they can have him. As long as they keep him.

15 Likes

As much as I do not miss the omnipresent existential horror of possible nuclear annihilation I do still kind of miss how Republicans used to cheer for the home team louder than they’d cheer for the Russians.

11 Likes

Of all the things for which ‘import substitution’ would be a viable option; what possesses the Russian market to actively desire this particular decadent western product?

5 Likes

He’s not decadant, he’s a clear-eyed truth-teller and advocate for traditional values.

/s but this is how the Russian media portrays him.

5 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

Because I have some weird autistic happy memories of microwavable dinners, and knowing that he has a connection there, every time I see news of him I smell TV dinners, feel the carpeting in my childhood home, and start craving to relive that experience.

I shall resist.

Now my synesthesia has conjured up Beef Stroganoff to represent this news bc, Russia.

Oh brain, I love you.

14 Likes
4 Likes

The choice of the Paxton interview is an interesting one. They seem to be saying “see, American politicians are as gleefully corrupt as Russian ones, and one pundit there agrees with us that it’s a good thing!”

7 Likes

Back to the “other countries are just as shitty as Russia so stop moaning” messaging.

3 Likes

It’s another version of this Soviet-era tu quoque fallacy.

6 Likes

My brother, in college, knew a Chinese student studying abroad, who was interested in educating him on the evils of Western Imperialism. Once had him over, and showed him a VCR tape highlighting police brutality from the Selma marches. He warned my brother he’d be shocked, and was shocked himself when my brother recognized the footage, knew the events and the history pretty well.

4 Likes

great punk band name in every post

4 Likes