Bizarre statement from president of Americans United for Life: if a 10-year-old got an abortion "it would not be an abortion"

Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) pointed to reports that conservative groups are “right now drafting legislation to ban travel for abortion.”

Fucking a…

20 Likes

In libraries, we used to call booktrucks with all four wheels on swivel casters as “crazy wheels.”

7 Likes

As far as I’m aware neither the Dred Scott decision or the Fugitive Slave Act was ever found to be unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, so these think tanks can just point to those precedents and probably get buy-in from the current majority on the court. These are dark, dark times.

17 Likes

You see, it’s not abortion because she’s ten and she was raped and she can go have a procedure to remove the not a child because she’s a little girl and I know her state has banned all abortions but this isn’t one so it would be allowed although she’ll have to leave the state to get it performed and the doctor who referred her out of state is being taken to court for doing so but since she got the procedure which is not an abortion she therefore has nothing to worry about and never had an abortion and that makes so much sense to me because I’m just absolutely a clueless mouthbreather for right wing shillery and that’s why… not an abortion. Repeat. Not. An. Abortion.

I yield the balance of my time to someone else and will abort this hearing… I mean NOT abort, it’s NOT an abortion!

13 Likes

Foster’s statement was pretty bizarre but has already been outdone by this guy.

9 Likes

Why not use Ambrose Bierce?

6 Likes

I’m not saying Catherine Glenn Foster is a colossal asshole …

america guy GIF

9 Likes

Spongebob Squarepants Reaction GIF

About her “process” I mean. She’s just on board the christo-fascist train.

I’m sure nazis had all sorts of justifications for what they did… but they still did it.

they will say whatever they have to say to justify their misogyny.

11 Likes

I’m OK with the belt-and-suspenders approach here.

We also should have also passed a constitutional amendment that enshrined medical privacy and bodily autonomy into the constitution as soon as roe vs wade was decided, but here we are.

7 Likes

they will say whatever they have to say to justify their misogyny.

100% agree.

1 Like

Fuckers are backpedaling from prior assertions the story was fake. Not that it would have mattered to them. Fetus worshipers are liars by nature and have never let facts get in the way of their garbage.

5 Likes

coming from the party that crows ad nauseam about freedom, they seem to be all for restricting what Americans can do.

4 Likes

Not all Americans, only half of Americans.

11 Likes

To be fair, more than half, because they want to restrict of the rights of non-white men, too… and non Christian men.

17 Likes

Having ditched RvW and with the zaniest of arguments, the radical SCOTUS is sure to shoot down Dem challenges to future election GOP wins via hijacking and manipulation of electoral votes. They know their ruling cannot stand with Democrats truly in control. That one ruling has created a monster.

7 Likes

Immaculate misconception.

7 Likes

Well, that most absurd version of the “Shirley exception” I’ve heard. It’s not even an exception, because magically, when I want it to, the definition of the thing changes, so it’s no longer the forbidden thing! (Who cares that it doesn’t change in the law, where it matters.)

It does rather raise the question of what these people think an abortion is. Because they don’t seem to have any idea, or at least they don’t want to admit they know.

Also for having someone else testifying at the same time who could point out that it’s some fucking bullshit right there.

Goalposts? The goalposts aren’t changing - she’s changing the definition of goalposts on the fly.

I spent many years trying to understand the thought processes involved, and eventually decided it didn’t matter because it was all so inconsistent and intellectually disingenuous, there was really nothing of substance to understand and it was impacting my mental health to even try.

You do understand their thought processes!

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect…

10 Likes

Same thing for marriage equality and any number of other issues. Thank god folks didn’t just assume that the emancipation proclamation was good enough after the civil war and neglect to pass the 13th amendment. But it’s been so long now since an amendment was passed that I feel like politicians are forgetting that it’s even an option.

2 Likes

I will say that there is an internal consistency at work, but it does not match up with actual reality. It’s like any other ideology driven by hate.

Probably more than I wish I did…

11 Likes

This is just another example of “No True Scotsman”.

“It’s not really abortion, it’s… uh… righteous fetus evacuation!” :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s the only way they can cope with their cognitive dissonance… by word play. All in the name of their supposedly morality.

9 Likes