Black Lives Matter. Still

19 Likes

This is really good overall, but I do find it sickening that so far it’s against female officers that the wheels of justice turn so swiftly. Even though they surely account for a small minority of overall deadly police shootings.
It’s almost as if the “blue line” is really the good ol’ boys club. /s :rage:

18 Likes

Wasn’t she the union lawyer for the police as well? Seems like there were a couple of reasons to make an example of her that have nothing to do with actual police reform.

11 Likes

Well whaddya know? Racism is firmly entrenched in the Midwest, at least as bad if not worse than in the South:

16 Likes
15 Likes

Some good news.

13 Likes

game of thrones have fun GIF

14 Likes

WTF is wrong with these people? It’s April in SC. On your list of better things to do with your time are: tending the garden, sitting on the porch sipping lemonade (sub in bev of choice), playing lawn games (badminton is fun), literally so many nicer things to do than accost random Black people walking through the neighborhood.
I don’t want to give Fox “News” all the credit, but I’m starting to think these guys have “Fox brain.”
No offense to real foxes intended. You are awesome.

17 Likes

The fishing in Lake Murray should be amazing right now, and with a short drive to the Charleston area, inshore saltwater fishing is excellent. That’s a much better way to spend time than assaulting someone and going to jail.

10 Likes

Lawsuit in progress

16 Likes

Alahmnat_006

16 Likes

walking while black. that’s just awful.

( i didn’t quite understand who was filming that and who posted it. it almost seemed like a friend of the white guy – who apparently is in the army – or something? did they think it made him look good? )

some possibly helpful tips if you ever see something like that:

10 Likes

Apparently it was the victim’s girlfriend.

14 Likes

We need the list of tactics that work on cops, too. I hate to see more money wasted on a sensitivity class, because a session or two isn’t going to stop the long-term patterns of thinking and behavior they’ve been encouraged to use throughout their careers:

16 Likes

Exactly, as this piece also shows:

The system as it exists makes it almost impossible to avoid harm.

The incident summons the words of the civil rights leader Robert F. Williams, a critic of the philosophy of nonviolent protest, who wrote: “The majority of white people in the United States have literally no idea of the violence with which Negroes in the South are treated daily — nay, hourly. The violence is deliberate, conscious, condoned by authorities. It has gone on for centuries and is going on today, every day, unceasing and unremitting.”

The system as it exists makes it almost impossible to avoid harm.

16 Likes

computer rage GIF

15 Likes

I’m sure the NRA will chime in about the violation of the victim’s 2A rights any second now. Yup. Any time

18 Likes
14 Likes

Ah, America, where a nearly two hour drive is short :smiley:

100% agree on fishing being all around better though!

1 Like

Finally:

18 Likes