Black protestor tells two white women to stop tagging Starbucks with BLM

That is an accurate description of the Boogaloo movement. They seriously want a second civil war.

17 Likes

Enough bricks on the floor will disrupt vehicles.
Ball bearings fit in a bag or pocket and will disrupt people and horses.
Allegedly.

(Lion shit also freaks out horses but good luck sourcing that.)

11 Likes

Quick, somebody call Jeff Lowe! /s

1 Like

I’ve got a connection, if you’re interested.

6 Likes

Personally, no, thank you, but there’s a lot of people out there who could be.

3 Likes

Dude, nobody wants to see your brick.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, white people have had over three years to protest and riot over the facist in the white house and have done nothing.
Don’t be fcking up black folk’s real sht.

8 Likes

I ran over a pile of rocks, some of them brick sized, on the highway and blew out two tires. It sucked.

How would any horse in America know what lion shit smells like to be afraid of it?

2 Likes

Prey animals know what trouble smells like - and/or it just smells really bad.

5 Likes

I know nothing of horses but i know that animals do have strong instinctual responses for specific stimulae, like wolf/coyote piss for some animals for example. Would lion shit scare a horse? No clue.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I call it amusing. It’s sad that on top of having to do everything else from fighting for their denied equal rights to deescalating encounters with badly trained cops, POC also have to school privileged white protestors who won’t bear the consequences of using peaceful protests and civil disobedience as an excuse to get an adrenaline high out of indiscriminate property destruction (a false high because the only reason they’re doing it is because they think the mass grassroots action will give them cover to behave in ways they’d never dare to behave without its protection).

Whether they have the self-awareness to realize it or not, these anarkiddies are further exploiting the disprivileged they pretend to care about. It’s kind of sickening.

9 Likes
3 Likes

This might have been in a thread of a tweet posted above, but I’m not sure as I fell into a rabbit hole.

7 Likes

I didn’t mean to imply the original video was amusing, just the one I posted. Could have worded it better.

What I found amusing about the Jon Jones video was that the kids in question had no idea that the light heavyweight UFC champion would be out there confiscating their goods, and they found themselves with little leeway other than to comply with his orders.

5 Likes

I definitely met people out and about back in my wilder days who seemed intent on “stirring the pot”.

To be honest, after some extremely negative interactions (all on the part of the police) at peaceful protests, I’ve been focusing on helping by being a resource on my area of expertise (information security).

(Reminds me of that Mr Robot episode - they light the match but don’t control the flame)

So pushing folks to check out resources like EFF, take practical measures like pay cash for supplies and transit, etc.

Too often people want to say something when someone else has already said it better. It may look lazy that for a lot of questions I point people at EFF, but they pay people to write about MFA, password choice, how to install signal etc and keep those pages updated, something random blogs are poor at IMO.

Maybe suffering from debilitating anxiety in crowds makes me a pad person, but I promise I’m trying to do my part

4 Likes

No worries. I got what you meant. And it is amusing on a certain level in that it’s useful to see them getting schooled despite the sickening aspect that it usually falls to POC to do it and the context sucks. I didn’t mean to come across as chastising you. On the contrary, I appreciate you linking to the video.

1 Like
4 Likes

i know!

i really want all the privilege and none of the responsibility. let me please just be white when it’s convenient, or when i want to be proud of my grandparents accomplishments, and not when people are angry about oppression.

i don’t have any answers on how to be white well as just an average everyday person. that’s the thing white people, like me and you ( if you’re white ) really have to think about.

frank zappa has many great quotes. i don’t think this is one of them.

3 Likes

Where was that? I’ve never seen such a non-descript license plate before. It’s not the sharpest video in the world, but the characters are clearly visible, but there’s no state, no stickers, no other markings whatsoever.

For some reason they remind me of that white teenager at the Unite the Right Rally in Charlottesville who ripped off his White Supremacy t-shirt and gear and ran away crying he was just playing when things got really real. I can’t seem to find the clip though.