Blade Runner animated as 12,000 hand-painted watercolor paintings

This is why I am very skeptical about the Director’s Cut. Take away the narration, and there are numerous places where the result is exactly like what you did with your editing. I can’t remember if it was this same scene, or the one right before it when Deckard first shows up at Bryant’s office. But take away the narration, and you have this inexplicable shot of M. Emmet Walsh just sitting there. It left me with the impression that, in spite of Ridley Scott and Harrison Ford’s subsequent complaining, the film was originally and purposely shot – or at least edited – with the idea that the narration would be there. Thus it’s only a “director’s cut” in the sense that they edited the narration, but not the film itself.

On a similar note, you will never watch My Three Sons the same way again (though maybe you weren’t going to watch it again, anyway) after you find out that Fred MacMurray filmed all his scenes at once, for the entire season, so he could go off and work on movies. They filmed the rest of it without him and then spliced him back in.

1 Like