Blame billionaires for climate change

If this scene has been made into a gif meme, I haven’t been able to find it. It needs to be, though.

5 Likes

Both perspectives are valid, yes,

One of those perspectives highlights a small number of decision-making entities that, if subjected to enough pressure, can make a big difference.

The other does not.

1 Like

Was the original Pacific Rim a parable about climate change? There were the unprecedented monsters from the deep attacking cities around the world. The US decided to build a defensive wall, but the fight was decided by a good old fashioned punch in the nose.

Great; The Pres will watch Sharknado and think chucking dynamite at the next hurricane is the fix…

We need to tax wealth, not income. If you have over $500,000,000, the excess should be taken and used to mitigate climate change. And political contributions should be subject to a 20% tax.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Well there, Uber but that exploits giant insects also talented at tapping dorsal dura. What could go wrong?

2 Likes

Yet another mechanical in which involving people in re-banking will not make for a successful remedy for being addicted to the items of concern. I mean, good on fast food Instagram for saying we don’t deserve the fully armed and operational nihilism, but I have yet to click through the recent writings bits at https://www.labellestrategies.com/ . And then make Canadian Wine scale.

[Global South, reppin’] Oh gosh, you know we’re super sorry about the whole awkward set put on from here. This is the malt duck we’ve been working on when the wine is proofed but not aged, and we super hope we can include you in the council congress any way you like.

3 Likes

But it was they who had the power to construct reality to produce this outcome. They could have done things the hard way, saved the planet, made people’s lives more rewarding and less laborious, and still made shitloads of money.

They are more like Oppenheimer said when he watched his creation blossom in the desert, “I am become death…,” except they had no moral epiphany in the moment of their monstrous success.

So you confiscate most of Bill Gates money, that is his shares in Microsoft. How do you use those to mitigate climate change? You can’t just sell them, because you’ve just taken much of the money from people who could have bought them and Microsoft can’t do all that much about climate change.

Some more about what is happening on Tangier Island.

Probably even less palatable than American cheese.

That said, bound with a thread-stiched spine, they would be a nice addition to some public library. You can read them like a book anyways. At least according to BB canon. :grin:

1 Like

Or the nuclear war stops climate change by reducing our population and kicking up tons of smoke and dust into the atmosphere…Or the war is triggered by the planet being pissed off by the US causing the degraded environment…

They’ll have plenty of movies to watch, and they’ll be sure to have a theater inside the grounds.

1 Like

But we knew this all along… right? They’re intentionally building a world where they live in a gilded society only for themselves. The rest of us will be fighting for our lives. Eat the rich, it’s what’s for dinner.

Yes, it matters. Because if blame is not placed where it rightfully belongs, they will project the blame onto us, when all we are trying to do is live in the world they have steered us. I suppose in a sense, roughly half of Amerikan citizens can be blamed, because they routinely vote against their own interests and support the interests of the 1%. I can’t speak for the rest of the world, but as a species… ah fuck it, we’re doomed.

Good call! Also:

1 Like

One of my favorite movies, and seriously, it had a huge impact on how I looked at our future and how we as humans are impacting the planet. I truly believe the Earth would be better off without us.

A bunker makes a good tomb for the rich, if you know where all the exits are and block them.

4 Likes