Blame the War on Drugs for stoned, face-eating murderers

The cathinones are just as diverse as the amphetamines; everything from Adderall to Meth to MDMA.

Chemically, the two families are almost identical; the only difference is that the cathinones have an extra ketone group in the beta position on their carbon chain (which is why they’re sometimes called “BK-amphetamines”).

The structural difference makes cathinones slightly less able to pass the blood-brain barrier relative to amphetamines, so they tend to be a little less potent by weight. Apart from that, the BK’s normally have similar effects to their amphetamine analogs; cathinone is similar to amphetamine, methcathinone is similar to methamphetamine, etc.

However, the BK-cooks are exploring parts of the family tree that are not well understood. Nobody knew what to expect from mephedrone (4-methylmethcathinone) because nobody had ever seriously investigated the amphetamine equivalent.

10 Likes

The only thing that can stop a bad guy on a face-eating jank, is a good guy with a cold, hard gun.

That just doesn’t have the symmetry of the original version, and the symmetrical version ‘the only thing that can stop a bad guy on face eating drugs is a good guy on face eating drugs’ just lacks the truthiness…

3 Likes

But who needs drugs when you’ve got guns?

When a plant is as close to literally harmless as cannabis but prohibition makes mere possession ruin lives, the irony is painful.

Add the fact that it’s an extremely useful plant both industrially and medicinally, and I need a little something to ease the pain.

• Government out of uteri and minds please!

Our society needs to grow up, and marijuana isn’t what’s standing in the way…

10 Likes

“He gives the kids free samples
Because he knows full well
That today’s young innocent faces
Will be tomorrow’s clientele…”

2 Likes

FTFY

:wink:

7 Likes

Ya’ got me!

4 Likes

This, so hard. I mentioned in one of the other face-eating posts that his behavior also strongly resembles schizophrenia. Can we at least wait a few weks until the drug tests come back?

FWIW the kid also screamed “Test me! you won’t find any drugs!” at the police.

3 Likes

i just spit out my coffee a little. thank you :smiley:

1 Like

I’d also like to note that in the first Florida face-eating incident, there was no flakka/bath salts/spice/anything except marijuana found in the guy’s system.

5 Likes

I like how drug dealers are already portrayed as cackling noir villains in these myths.

This never ever happens in reality, it seems to exist in the domain of staged “educational” videos or animation targeting young children.

7 Likes

Drug truisms need to die, kids are never going to trust drug fact when this myth is presented as if its for their own “good”. They know when adults lie, they know when smoke is being blown up their ass.

2 Likes

I hadn’t even heard of cocaine until I “met” these guys:

…and after I saw the show I knew cocaine was guaranteed to make me cool. Best drug commercial EVA.

7 Likes

Hunter S Thompson?

5 Likes

Ohhh, is that how they do this face-eating drug?
I gotta’ look into that.

1 Like

I’m sure Erowid has trip reports to peruse.

1 Like

I got free drugs all the time, just not from anyone in the business of selling them.

3 Likes

William Burroughs too, I guess.

2 Likes

That somehow involve smoke and butts?