Blimp Style Pancakes

I guess you could call it…

(••)
( •
•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

a blimp biscuit.

4 Likes

Quickbread before cake they are, and what, a cream of tartar run around of leavening, because Krusteaz? Gonna get a jet oven, have it scream 52" of vacuum and pancake into some unlucky pan’s shape and logo as an alarm clock; set it to unstable start so the eggshell of the whole egg exploding into the flour substitutes for oil and breaks up the orange zest. Just text me if that’s now how any jet oven works, my hearing left 2 lines back.

5 Likes

You can actually use a drip coffee maker for all sorts of things :smiley: making soups, noodles/ramen, cook eggs, tiny pancakes, etc. It’s basically a small hot plate with a heating element for water, US service members are not allowed to have cooking equipment in their barracks but usually a coffee maker is ok. So as a work around some soldiers will use it to cook.

Did a quick Google search and found this website :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I suppose so. I grew up in a Mexican immigrant household. We did eat lots of rice, but made in a skillet with tomato and onion.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

How clever! I bet the blogger has alot of friends :wink:.

1 Like

It’s just pre-sifted flour, baking powder, salt & sugar – the dry ingredients of pancakes. Handy to have around if you’re out of baking powder or don’t have a sifter, or if you’re just lazy about measuring things.

1 Like

Looks to me like they didn’t say to keep it at room temperature, but to start the cooking at night and let the “keep warm” function make sure it is still hot come morning.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here.

4 Likes

That’s some fine ascii right there.

2 Likes

Many/most also serve as slow cookers, too.

#notallricecookers

3 Likes

I’ve been using the same rice cooker for 10 years, it cost $30, automatically keeps the rice warm indefinitely, and also serves as a slow cooker with “low” and “high” settings. I use it for all grains as well as stews and puddings. I use it as a steamer. Once a week or so I make slow cooked chicken thighs in it, which I then broil while I make gravy from the broth I cooked them in.

That is an overly complicated way to make enchiladas, but I liked it for the food descriptions!

2 Likes

I’m lazy and just make enchilada casserole…or as I call it “enCHILLada”.

1 Like

There’s a saying where I’m from: “Ni que fueran enchiladas” Implying the thing in question (usually an activity) is difficult and not at all as easy as making enchiladas.

2 Likes

Why not? How insanitary is your kitchen?

Mexican Cheese Mattress is my new band name.

2 Likes

As easy as making enchiladas can be enchilada casserole is easier. :smiley:

Ni que fueran enCHILLadas.

3 Likes

I feel if you’d do that, you’d be greeted with something rather unappetizing come morning. Furthermore, why would the article call for a rice cooker with a timer for a task such as this? Hardly needed.

I was assuming “timer” meant the things that switches it from “on” to “keep
warm.” Although admittedly that doesn’t make much sense.