Blue tide quietly rising as Trump tries his most desperate ploy yet

Originally published at: Blue tide quietly rising as Trump tries his most desperate ploy yet - Boing Boing

13 Likes

The comparison to Worthington is a bit unfair to Cal. If von Clownstick were selling used cars, the free hot dogs for the kids would have been rancid ones salvaged from supermarket dumpsters, and the zoo animals would be street rats (also salvaged from the supermarket dumpsters).

25 Likes

I’m looking forward to Trump’s final speech of the election.

12 Likes

Based on these numbers of early votes cast by party:

I am guess-timating that so far, Harris has 54% of the ballots cast, the other guy has 39%, other candidates have 4%, and None has 3%.

Looking good to me.

16 Likes

Well that certainly makes me a bit optimistic.

8 Likes

15 Likes

'72 240Z @ $1,900

8 Likes

We still need every uncast vote we can get. MAGAs tend to vote on election day.

28 Likes

Data not available in some red-leaning states on that map, so best not to celebrate too early. Also, Dems are more likely to vote early than Republicans, and even then Michigan and Wisconsin are still very close on that map.

20 Likes

Right

4 Likes

No celebrating here until late on Nov. 5th.

15 Likes

If the past decade of elections have taught us anything, it’s that neither party can accurately predict a tidal change in voting behavior. Trumpeting about it before it happens is advertising and nothing more. It’s an emergent result, not a predictable phenomenon, and a dangerous prediction, regardless - never give anyone a reason to not vote, especially baseless optimism.

Don’t rely upon it happening, MAKE it happen by voting, and enjoy the hell out it should it arrive.

23 Likes

6th. No way this will be called that night, unless it is an epic blow-out.

24 Likes

I’m calling for an epic blowout.

18 Likes

No one could be happier than me if that happens, but I will only believe in retrospect. And, sadly, that’s when the ugliness starts.

21 Likes

Interesting comment about the anecdotal evidence for younger voters turning out in larger-than-normal numbers. My 19-year-old daughter has talked about the onslaught of political content in her social media feed, and how that has gotten her excited to vote. She specifically cited an interview that Tim Walz did with one of her favorite TikTok (or maybe YouTube?) stars, but says that she’s seeing tons of election-related content. Maybe the youths will be what makes the difference in this election.

27 Likes

Vote Them Out Donald Trump GIF by Women’s March

I was just looking for a plain blue flush animation and was going to write something along this line… but some excellent human already thought of it.

15 Likes

Dump Turmp!!

11 Likes

“Try new 1000 Flushes Orange!”

8 Likes

Unlike Trump, Worthington famously liked dogs. (Especially large and unusual breeds of dogs.)

12 Likes