Body wrapped in plastic floating in canal was... not that

Originally published at: Body wrapped in plastic floating in canal was… not that | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This latest Twin Peaks reboot is going for a decidedly different angle.

20 Likes

Obviously, this sex doll isn’t going to be collected. An interesting item for the annual police auction, right?

4 Likes
5 Likes

Law & Order: Plastic Victims Unit

[BONG BONG!]

18 Likes

I rather think this was a way of disposing of the doll.

3 Likes

Someone is practicing.

9 Likes

Oh come on, there’s gotta be some DNA testing that will get this back to the rightful owner. . .

8 Likes

Right. Reminds me of Chester Brown’s “The Playboy”-- someone finds themself obsessing over (in this case) a sex toy, and desperately wants to get rid of it, but doesn’t want the neighbors finding it in his trash.

"No no, you must be mistaken, that’s not mine. . . . "

3 Likes

The important question to ask is: How many times has the owner tried to get rid of it?

7 Likes

This " gritty, modern reboot" of the Lady of the Lake just sucks.

8 Likes

I wasn’t aware they made a sex doll capable of that skill.

1 Like

It belongs to this guy?

2 Likes

5 Likes

Rather ugly damage to an expensive artifact. Whoever did this is not a healthy person. IIRC there was a (Vice?) article a few years back about RealDoll owners and the sadistic and deranged destruction some owners inflicted on them. Better a doll that a real person, ofc, but still disturbing.

1 Like

Was Griff Rhys Jones seen in the area?

2 Likes

A couple years ago, I was doing a safety walkthrough of a building that was about to be demo’d while the contractor opened doors and made sure that the building was cleared. I heard a scream and swearing from one of the laborers and went to investigate. He’d pried open a closet to discover a male equivalent realdoll (dressed in a lab coat) standing inside. Hilarity ensued.

4 Likes

Sadistic? It’s an item, you can’t be sadistic towards and item. But I get you. It kinda freaks me out that the doll is referred to as a she in English . And my native language even uses grammatical gender, where a doll is considered a she.

Then again, I try to refer to digital assistants as ”it“ and set their voices to male or ambiguous whenever possible.

1 Like

It’s amazing, what you can accomplish with a bicycle pump and a li’l duct tape.

“Clothed in white thermoset, mystic, wonderful.”

3 Likes