Bomb scare triggered by cassette tape

Never say your mixtape is the bomb.
#1: It is untrue.
#2: It is bad grammar; you deserve to be punished.
#3: Home taping is killing music.
#4: The Party’s Over.

5 Likes

I hope they put the perp on a midnight train going anywhere.

3 Likes

Hmm…how about to South Detroit?

4 Likes

It’s a known threat. Burn it with fire!!!
[ETA: I don’t get a single Journey reference in this thread; I’m assuming there’s lots]

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re Feeling that way. Be good to yourself. I felt Just the same way earlier.

7 Likes

Too bad it wasn’t Beck.

Nah, he’d have left two turntables and a microphone.

4 Likes

I’d suggest Escaping this thread Dead or Alive for anyone that doesn’t get the references

3 Likes

We’ll all go our Separate ways soon enough.

5 Likes

And here I was greeting you with Open Arms.

4 Likes

I’ll be alright without you sounds so harsh, but…

(There’s not many moves left in this game :thinking: :grin: )

6 Likes

And here I always thought Lovin You is Easy, guess I was wrong.

4 Likes

This music has followed me around since its creation. I heard it in a store the other day. I hear it in stores all the time. I actually started thinking about how many times in my life Iv’e heard Don’t Stop Believin’. Thousands? To this day it can still put me back in 10th grade AP English class being stoked about this new album.

Stay strong, you’ll find a Higher place. When you do, Send her my love.

5 Likes

Well, that’s where it’s at.

4 Likes

I want to see that mailing label. Just to see what sort of paranoid bunch of ninnies we’ve become.

Also, tapes like that have the little plastic tab removed which prevented recorders from recording to them. So it would be LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for anything other than the ear piercing crooning of Steve Perry to be on that tape. Little plastic tabs were infallible.

You forgot your sarcasm tag:

3 Likes

Obligatory

atf

True Story: I had a vcr recording of something from the '80s that I really wanted to keep (Max Headroom, maybe?), so I broke the little tag off. Someone in my family decided they knew better and put some tape over the hole to record the news or some sportsball game :roll_eyes::tired_face:

1 Like