Border Patrol informs Marjorie Taylor Greene a ball they found is not a Cartel planted explosive

Originally published at: Border Patrol informs Marjorie Taylor Greene a ball they found is not a Cartel planted explosive | Boing Boing

7 Likes

The Mooninites strike again.

24 Likes

All your bases are Marge?

12 Likes

Looks like one of those punching bags that boxers use…

Bernie Sanders Punch GIF by MOODMAN

(also… it me, Bernie… it me)

20 Likes

Well, it sorta looks like a cartoon bomb.

17 Likes

I’m not sure what the problem is, it could have been a bomb and/or what about all the real bombs we don’t know about.

2 Likes

If a bomb goes off on the border and no one hears it, did a tree fall?

21 Likes

Maybe a trump built wall section.

Oh wait, that was just the wind.

19 Likes

It does look like a perfect weight for throwing a rope over a wall, though. If it was possible to even climb a wall, that is.

21 Likes

It’s certainly fun to pick on MTG, but when we do that by calling something like this a "ball’ we look a little silly ourselves. What is this thing? Should we be concerned? It’s certainly not an innocuous ball. I might make something like this as a rope weight. Not that fence climbing is so scary, but it’s not a ball.

This is not an explosive. Wrapping shit in duct tape doesn’t make it go boom. This is not even notionally like a google image search for IEDs. There is no evidence a “cartel” planted either.

18 Likes

Again, it looks like a punching bag…

12 Likes

Somebody on the bird site suggested it was a homemade weight for net fishing.

13 Likes

Wonder how they did it? That is, if i were to try to wrap sand in duct-tape i’d end up stuck to sandy tape bits (“Well it helps to start out with wet sand…”)

6 Likes

Ahh, thanks. That makes a lot of sense. And patching / creating with duct tape is a logical thing to do if you can’t just run out and buy a new one.

9 Likes

I honestly can’t think of what else it could be…

6 Likes

We certainly know what it’s not, i.e. “an explosive found by Border Patrol Agents which was planted by the Cartel and changes everything.”

24 Likes

Seems like we should be far more concerned over the people in our government looking to create a one-party fascist state as opposed to the people trying to come here for a better life… But people keep clutching their pearls over immigration instead of fascism… :roll_eyes:

20 Likes

Home made “tornado ball”, from a ball, sand and duct tape, for strength training.

13 Likes

DIY kettlebells are blowing up on Twitter.

11 Likes