Border Patrol informs Marjorie Taylor Greene a ball they found is not a Cartel planted explosive

You are correct. This is a ball:

11 Likes

I think you’re right that it was exercise equipment, speed bags are usually filled with air, weights like these are filled with sand. Sorry for being pedantic.

At first glance, I thought it was an ostrich. :smile:

5 Likes

Hmmmm… necks not long enough… maybe a model of one by someone who has never seen one, only heard about one?

5 Likes

That’s not a bad guess. It’s hard to tell how big it is since there’s not really much there for you to get a sense of scale, other than the width of the tape.

I’m going with a ball, filled with sand, with a piece of pipe stuck in it to tie a rope to, all wrapped up in duck tape to stop the pipe pulling out and/or stop the ball from splitting. Could be used for whatever purpose a weight tied to a rope is good for.

What I don’t see is any place for a bomb to be detonated. Should have hole(s) for wires or fuses if it is a bomb. I’m pretty sure you don’t add those after you fill the bomb with explosives.

Yes, it could be set off by a smaller bomb attached to it, but that seems unlikely for what is obviously a crude device.

MTG responds: “No, no no! You people just don’t understand! When the Jewish Space Lasers aim their beams at the ball of sand, it explodes into a radioactive dirty bomb that makes kids think they are trans.”

18 Likes

I hate to say it, but in today’s world that is a very real possibility. Can’t tell if joking or not.

13 Likes

That freaking ball is more deadly than whatever the posted item is. I only recently learned more about how the game was played and it is vicious.

4 Likes

I hang out in some RV groups, someone asked about how safe it was to camp near the border in Arizona and New Mexico.

Those groups are mostly conservatives. Imagine my surprise when 99% of the responses were it’s perfectly safe. Many people said they were right near the border and have no idea what certain news outlets and politicians were talking about.

I’m sure it not all happy happy down there but first hand reports are suggesting it’s not the war zone people like Marge are portraying it as.

My personal Facebook feed and local groups are filled with the America First folks posting photos from their vacations in Mexico.

If it’s a war zone what the heck are they all doing in Mexico? Especially since if they’re all America First why not vacation in America First?

9 Likes

Translation: All the yelling “NOT A BOMB!” in MTG’s face was a waste of time.

3 Likes

She’s probably already selling this t-shirt.

4 Likes

My point is that MTG is being hyperbolic, and the boing boing title writer is being the opposite of hyperbolic by calling it a ball. How about this title: “MTG Is a silly head. Thinks a child’s ball is a bomb. Let’s make fun of her with rhetoric that underplays the story.” Seems like there is plenty to make fun of her for, if that’s your thing. We can do better.

If a duct tape shell filled with sand keeps you up at night, that’s fine. But it’s clear that MTG is mining for support for her hollow self-serving political position (and career) with obvious results.

2 Likes

Just because it isn’t a child’s plaything doesn’t mean it isn’t a “ball.” That word can refer to pretty much any spherical or near-spherical object from ball lightning to a ball of yarn.

10 Likes

Once we’ve gotten to this point in a conversation I think you can assume the “good intent” part is gone and someone is now, at best, yanking your chain.

14 Likes

A duct tape ball filled with sand is her spirit object.

6 Likes

I’m not sure what the opposite of hyperbolic is. Stating a simple fact? Is that a bad thing?

11 Likes

Ah yes, and then there was the mooing milk carton at the Toronto Eaton Centre that was blown up by the police.
Adnews.

3 Likes

Hey Marj? Yeah, believe it or not, actual bombs really don’t look like a bowling ball with a small length of rope hanging from it. This is kind of ignorant even for you.

9 Likes

Did it have her fingerprints on it? Somebody ought to check into that.

3 Likes