Bond villain style TV descends from a slot in ceiling

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/18/bond-villain-style-tv-descends.html

1 Like

Whenever I see something like this, I have to wonder how (or if, for that matter) it works. I’ve got six different cables coming out of the back of my television, yet these don’t ever seem to have any to get tangled up.

And now we wait for the video where the device malfunctions* and violently flings the TV to the floor.

*Or initiates the rebellion, if you prefer.

add a hoop to the bottom, it’d be great for basketball.

1 Like

I do hope it’s on gimbals for when someone stumbles into it. Seems too close to those doorways. Or maybe this particular supervillain lives alone, so no one is ever walking around when he’s watching TV.

One could also get a nice laser projector, the kind that can be right up on the wall to project. Then you don’t even need to have a TV :smiley:

Looks like a great package deal. With a really, really heavy TV I can crush my prisoners at the same time I check the weather forecast.

3 Likes

I was thinking about cable management too. At least these days, it’s a lot simpler than it used to be. One power cord, and one HDMI cable wired to your source (which can be a receiver or switch for multiple input options) is all it takes.

It’s a little hard to see in this video, but it looks like there is a white cable near the right support.

It’s nice that after Control shut down they found a use for the Cone of Silence’s mechanism.

4 Likes

Perfect! The classic way to kill Bond.

3 Likes

Do you expect me to talk?
No Mr Bond, I expect you die…by watching this marathon of Keeping up with the Kardashians!

14 Likes

You monster!

9 Likes

There has never been a Bond villain that dastardly.

7 Likes

I’ve got multiple HDMI and RCA cables, but even one or two cables seems like a nightmare to keep from getting tangled up in machinery that’s not even directly accessible. I’ve got the television on a swing-arm so it can go into a closet, and cables are always coming loose.

1 Like

Meanwhile, on the upper apartment…

-WHERE THE FUCK DID MY TV GO?!

8 Likes

Bond villain? No. Pink Panther’s Cato? Yes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.