Burglars fail miserably in attempt to steal a television

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/10/burglars-fail-miserably-in-att.html

6 Likes

They parked in handicap parking spot, unforgivable.

14 Likes

They were considerate enough to put on their hazard lights though.

22 Likes

isn’t it valid for the mentaly handicaped too?

asking for myself.

3 Likes

Pro Tip: Optic Orange is a bad choice for camouflage.

11 Likes

Very glad to see it came pre-Yakety Saxed, very glad indeed. Good work there … but not sure I agree with this new-fangled, modern ‘scratchy’ remix. Give me the unadulterated original Yakety Sax, any day.

13 Likes

Would the TV even fit in the car?

14 Likes

that’s what i was going to say. Too bad they failed so early, it would have been fun to watch them try to get that in there.

8 Likes

FTFY. I prefer the term hard of thinking.

2 Likes

Laurel and Hardly.

6 Likes

A 75" in an old Fiesta? No.

4 Likes

There’s breaking bad, and then there’s just bad breaking.

Unbroken                               Breaking                                       Broken

8 Likes

Here’s what a 43" (still in the box) ooks like in a Mini Cooper.

There’s no way a 75" TV would fit in an econobox.

8 Likes

Nonsense! If they’d finished folding the tv in half it would’ve fit just fine!

24 Likes

I guess 2019 is the year of the folding device. More than once, while moving, I wished I had folding TVs.

4 Likes

Here I sit, watching on a screen likely built by wage slaves toiling away in horrible factory conditions, a video of idiots attempting to steal a piece of equipment that was likely built off the backs of severely underpaid and maltreated factory workers, all while listening to goofy yakety sax that would seem to persuade me to think the subject thieves are the tools.

Just an observation, ya’ll.

What I want to know is, where’s the Third Stooge?

5 Likes

It’s weird to see people go through such an effort to steal something that’s been so thoroughly commodified and de-valued. Remember when TVs were expensive as hell?

Wait, maybe these are time-travelers from the past that the other BB article was speculating about who were amazed at the existence of a 75" TV and didn’t realize they only cost a few hundred bucks now.

4 Likes

This is in Brazil, not Spain.
SP = São Paulo

5 Likes

I bet the set would have come right off the wall if they had pulled upward rather than outward. But it’s way more fun to see them spin it, presumably a habit left over from their former employment as sign spinners.

1 Like